LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Thoughts on hunting in the morning  .... looks like its nasty morning ahead . I will be out  for sure but it's been real slow  then high winds  on top of that .  Wife has to work  so I have the entire day  to hunt . I was thinking about stalking some big brush lots mid day. 

Crazy winds, but I gotta give it a shot in the AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Thoughts on hunting in the morning  .... looks like its nasty morning ahead . I will be out  for sure but it's been real slow  then high winds  on top of that .  Wife has to work  so I have the entire day  to hunt . I was thinking about stalking some big brush lots mid day. 

If you have a steady wind in your face, tomorrow might be a very good day to hunt brushlots… They won't smell you or hear you...

Good luck, my friend  !!    I am going to be at home overindulging in food and drink...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Turkey day drives all day tomorrow.  Dont have the whole crew but ive got most showing up.  3 have all tags ill be toting the ML since my brother with have my mossberg 500.  All ive got a tag for is bear so good chance gun wont come off my shoulder. Its ok 2 of the people havent ever killed a buck so thats the goal.

Happy thanksgiving and good luck to those going out tomorrow.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Turkey day drives all day tomorrow.  Dont have the whole crew but ive got most showing up.  3 have all tags ill be toting the ML since my brother with have my mossberg 500.  All ive got a tag for is bear so good chance gun wont come off my shoulder. Its ok 2 of the people havent ever killed a buck so thats the goal.

Happy thanksgiving and good luck to those going out tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow, Swampy  ...Reminds me of the old days when everybody drove deer...The three best days were opening day, the first Saturday and Turkey day.... Lots of deer seen and lots of shooting......DANG  !!  I am getting excited just REMEMERING it..... Those days are gone around here now...All of the properties have been sold and divided up into little  parcels....  Good luck, My Friend  !!

Got out for a short sit tonight. Wrong place wrong time for this guy. I grazed him 2nd to last day of bow (using my dads xbow it was so cold) and my mother in law got a pic of him the following morning. It came full circle. Happy Thanksgiving to all. And congratulations to all enjoying the hunt. IMG_3100.JPGIMG_3129.JPG

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Good luck tomorrow, Swampy  ...Reminds me of the old days when everybody drove deer...The three best days were opening day, the first Saturday and Turkey day.... Lots of deer seen and lots of shooting......DANG  !!  I am getting excited just REMEMERING it..... Those days are gone around here now...All of the properties have been sold and divided up into little  parcels....  Good luck, My Friend  !!

Thank you.  Weve been doing this since we all turned 18.  So 14yrs now we get as many of us as we can to do the drives and hang out before people head to their dinners.  I have 10 drives setup on stateland we will try to get through before everyone leaves.  Luckily most dont have dinner until after dark.  But our big days are the 3 you just said we dont drive opening day but turkey day and the last day we all get together.

Happy thanksgiving.

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 1

Sat this morning and this afternoon, ground hunted both times. Pretty good AM. Saw a bunch of deer and one of what I thought was a shooter. I’ve seen him a half dozen other times and thought he was mature but those were all 100+ yards away and I had second thoughts with him broadside at 20 yards. Everything about him looks mature but his neck just doesn’t have the swell I’d expect for a 4+ year old. Still an awesome experience to have this critter sneaking around for a half hour within fifty yards of me on the ground! The PM hunt sucked. I wore my light camo since it was 55, got soaked on the way in and then froze to death in the wind. I had two young bucks spar five yards in front of me which was super cool. They both stared straight at me and and I thought I was for sure busted but then they went at it for a minute or two and wondered off. Doing doe patrol tomorrow with a decent crowd, hoping we can stack em up!

67ec00a6a61ef6eaf8a35452fb914c31.jpg

• Like 1

I should've popped some popcorn before getting caught up on this thread.

Tomorrow looks like good weather. I still have a bunch of doe tags to fill but no room in the freezer. Might take a buddy out to help him get one. He's older and hasn't had any luck yet. Have to be home by 10 though.

57 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Getting the coffee going. 41 degree's,wind W @17mph 

25 mph by my wind gauge. Just took our little dog out and when he lifted his leg to pee, the wind blew him over. He looked a little scared but it was pretty funny!

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2