LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Good movement today so far. Small buck at 7. Then at about 810 6 doe being dogged around by a small buck and a medium sized buck. Had him in the scope a couple times at about 70yds and passed ... prob going to regret that. Then at about 835 another almost medium buck sniffing around where all the does cruised through. 

• Like 1

Odd I hunt a several thousand acre farm with seven figures of the latest equipment, and you sure can find piles of spilled corn ,as well as ,cobs with kernels on them .

Same... always a little bit of waste despite my farmers best efforts to minimize. Not a ton but enough to keep deer coming for a couple weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunted private land in 4m yesterday and this morning. What a difference it makes. I saw 6 doe yesterday and a buck today. Buck never presented a shot. There was a good number of shots between 6:30 and 7:30. Out now as it was too cold for me. Time for a gear upgrade. Going to spend the rest of the morning surfing the web looking for deals on cold weather gear. Back to 4f tomorrow morning to sit until the storm starts.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Just sat down in 4s where im fortunate enough to have access to private land.  Couldn’t get a clear shot on a 6 opening morning.  Hopefully he is still around.  

Hunted 3g/3n  public land after opening weekend and didnt see a thing....except other hunters lol. 

Good luck today guys!

What 3N spots you hunt?

Has been very quiet in 8F but several neighbors shot last night so hoping the deer are moving it they’ll be out again today moving them for me. So far very quiet.c9e99ce83f9321f9ebdf1d64fc811f16.jpg&key=92b5601ff96670a739e34df0198efa39e1b6a2bbf7bc9b4b66f4bc8761ccc711

Instagram? What’s your handle?

• Like 1

Missed a good buck last night and spent this morning double checking for blood to make sure I didn’t hit it. Was planning on shooting a doe and had her in my crosshairs after belly crawling through some tall grass but I caught a glimpse of antler at the last second and quickly decided he was a good buck. About 225 yards with my muzzie. I think I just rushed the shot but heading to the range to make sure my zero is intact. Good luck to all those out, shaping up to be a good afternoon

Got family things today and tomorrow. Will clean, organize and put away hunting gear too. If we get the nearly two feet of wet, heavy snow they are forcasting, that will put an end to the season for us. Being tagged out, I could only use a landowners DMP anyways. With two bucks in the freezer, don't need anymore meat. And my grandson is only a maybe, as far as next Saturday morning. So at this point, 2019 looks like a wrap! So many good memories from this season though. From bowhunting with Moog and Carver, and my hunting partner shooting a great WNY buck. To coming within a whisker of my grandson getting a shot at a true giant yesterday. A great year to remember!

On to some predator hunting after the holidays!

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Missed a good buck last night and spent this morning double checking for blood to make sure I didn’t hit it. Was planning on shooting a doe and had her in my crosshairs after belly crawling through some tall grass but I caught a glimpse of antler at the last second and quickly decided he was a good buck. About 225 yards with my muzzie. I think I just rushed the shot but heading to the range to make sure my zero is intact. Good luck to all those out, shaping up to be a good afternoon

That is a pretty good poke for a MZ,at least it would be for me. I haven't shot anything over 100 with it,but it's dead on at that distance. 

9 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Pretty good poke with the ML.  He will be back for redemption 

That is a pretty good poke for a MZ,at least it would be for me. I haven't shot anything over 100 with it,but it's dead on at that distance. 

It’s a smokeless muzzleloader so probably closer to a rifle than a regular muzzleloader. Ballistics say it’s good to 400 but 300 is my limit and it’d have to be perfect conditions to take that shot. I dropped a doe at 260 last year with it and this is the first time I’ve missed with it I think.

• Like 1

Pretty good poke with the ML.  He will be back for redemption 

I’m pretty confident he will be. I hadn’t hunted here in a while and had written it off for big bucks. We pushed it out for doe popping thanksgiving and it’s tore up with fresh rugs and scrapes so I had a feeling something big moved in. Hopefully will get another crack at him.

• Like 1