LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

My biggest surprise ever hunting and I am not out yet.  My wife said she may want to hit the blind with Natalie and me today.   Didn’t expect that.  

That will be so cool! Make some memories out there with your two favorite girls!! Have fun, and good luck my friend!

• Like 1

I hunted white pond, lockwood and watershed.  They're local and convenient for me.  So when i don't want to take the trip to the Catskills it’s a quick ride.  

Nice. Years ago my dad and I got some bucks out of Lockwood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Buddy shot what he thought was a lone doe...didn’t even see the nubs until flipped him over to see nut sack. Oh well...he will eat!!!!

Exactly why one should always check nut sack before shooting.   As per Wolcs instructions.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Buddy shot what he thought was a lone doe...didn’t even see the nubs until flipped him over to see nut sack. Oh well...he will eat!!!!

I shot a"  doe ' years back in late muzzle loader season. Flipped it over and yelled "ballz'. Shed buck.  Few years back I shot a "doe" with .44 with daughter sitting next to me in ground blind we built. 2 came ripping by with ears tucked and I got them to stop by yelling stop. Sent it. "Ballz" again was chimed out loud. Spiker with just under "3 antlers

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Belo said:

Google confirms you guys are right. That was a first. Pretty cool.

I had one in my house a few years ago,that was bizarre. I thought i saw movement and white at that,but when i looked nothing was there. I waited a few minutes and this ermine pops out,that was neat. I think he was helping with our mouse problem that year....

2 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

It’s a smokeless muzzleloader so probably closer to a rifle than a regular muzzleloader. Ballistics say it’s good to 400 but 300 is my limit and it’d have to be perfect conditions to take that shot. I dropped a doe at 260 last year with it and this is the first time I’ve missed with it I think.

Custom build or a savage?