LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

At 2:45, I had a doe and two fawns cross the street in front me as I was driving home, two blocks from my house. My wife was kind enough to say, "Well, at least you saw some deer today." Sheesh. I guess they really are moving today. I got stuck doing small business Saturday shopping with her.

1 minute ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

This one had probably the longest spikes I’ve ever seen on him. His brows wouldn’t have been long enough to count as points though. 

We had one like that last season.  And he turned into this .  And he's been my #1 all year and haven't had a shot at him .  Just a cool buck.  

416026571_Stix1.thumb.JPG.856f1c3be6e19332637e02a5a0d5b4cf.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, First-light said:

Nephew just texted me he shot a buck of a lifetime. Hit it in the chest it ran for 200 yards. He backed out waiting for a few guys to help him track. Good blood said it was the size of a cow! We shall see......

Tracked him for a while had blood the whole way then it stopped. From what he told me deer search would be there by 6:30.

• Like 2

Guess my bday buck didn't get the memo.  Again. Lol. Still a great day in the woods.  

I'm 1- 41 for b-day bucks.  Last yr was the only time in 41 hunting seasons I connected.  Shot quite a few bucks the day before or after, though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mowin said:

Guess my bday buck didn't get the memo.  Again. Lol. Still a great day in the woods.  

I'm 1- 41 for b-day bucks.  Last yr was the only time in 41 hunting seasons I connected.  Shot quite a few bucks the day before or after, though. 

Leap years totally distort your birthday buck opportunities ^_^  Happy birthday again, glad you got to enjoy it in the woods. 

• Like 1

Congrats to those successful hunters today. As for me the norm 4 hrs in the morning 3 hrs in the afternoon No SIGHTINGS. My buddy that was my hunting partner for the day seen one doe. Still had a blast spending the day on the hill with a great friend who I haven't hunted much with this year.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

CVA 45/70 I had converted to a .45 smokeless. Jeff Hankins at Hankins Custom Rifles did the work. It’s a tack driver and does sub 1” groups at 100. It also wrecks absolute havoc on anything it touches. Here’s a shoulder shot from last year.

478f9060d936a9264cccafec0fe8c42c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a custom build from Hankins as well.. my county (Niagara) is shotgun only so i needed something to reach out and touch em