LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Well , deer were on the move today by me I saw 7 deer total 4 bucks. A pretty young 6 that I had all day to shoot came straight toward my stand and stopped at around 10 yards. Let him walk, at @4:00 I had a war torn wide 8 come from the neighbors field stopped at 75 yards I had a brief neck shot but wasn’t comfortable waited for him to give me another chance and it wasn’t meant to be as he kept walking along stonewall with intermittent saplings in the way. With 3 in the freezer it’s all good happy to have some nice action. My son saw three does at his stand. Congrats to those that connected today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

9 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

I hunted white pond, lockwood and watershed.  They're local and convenient for me.  So when i don't want to take the trip to the Catskills it’s a quick ride.  

I hunt 3n also,  where is lockwood.... never heard of it.   

As soon as i walked out of the woods i could see something in the field 100 yards from house.sure enough they kept coming out.6 total feeding on the shooting range!.skirted down the hedgerow till they got sight of me and took off.pic sucks but was getting darker and full zoom,can see em in the green

20191130_170156.jpg

• Like 1

I hunt 3n also,  where is lockwood.... never heard of it.   

Check the dep land websites. They list them all there. It’s in carmel. Make sure to check the regs. Some of them have Antler Restrictions and other rules in place.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/dep/downloads/pdf/recreation/open-rec-areas-maps.pdf

DEP has instituted Quality Deer Management (QDM) principles in the Richardsville, West Branch Headwaters, Knapp Road, and Boyds Corner North Units in the towns of Kent and Putnam Valley. In the QDM hunting areas, the following enforceable conditions apply to all hunters over 17 years of age:

Only does may be harvested on the first two days of bow season, the first two days of regular gun season, and the first two days of muzzleloader season—no bucks may be taken on these days.

On all other days of the legal hunting season, bucks may be harvested if they have an antler spread of at least 15 inches in width and/or a minimum of three points on a side greater than one inch long, excluding brow tines. Throughout the hunting season in general, all hunters are encouraged to harvest more does than bucks to help with maintaining balanced herd populations and healthier forests.

• Like 2

Father in Law and I came back from camp tonight due to the forecast for the morning. Didn't want to drive the hour and 15 in the nasty stuff. Hunted Friday afternoon and I had 2 doe at less than 20yds but no tag for that area. 20 minutes later a lone deer snuck in on me at 30yds and presented several shot ops but no antlers, just nubs. FIL saw nothing Friday. Hunted all day today and put some miles on the boots. Ended up bumping a lone doe at 11:45am and that was the only deer seen all day. Legs are tired and I'm hitting the sack real soon. Debating on a morning hunt in the snow if I can drag myself out of bed. Congrats to all the successful hunters this weekend and good luck to those going out tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tomorrow I'm gonna pull a most of the day hunt with this change of weather coming in and as a family have nothing going on so I'm free!!! Not sure where I'm going first thing probably a game time decision ( I usually have a hardtime deciding which stand)

3n.  Gonna sit for a couple hours before football/snow.  

as i pull into my parking spot there are two deer standing there.  This is after me complaining about not seeing anything the last two weeks in 3n.  I just had to laugh.

Good luck - they gotta move today with the weather coming in

• Like 1

Check the dep land websites. They list them all there. It’s in carmel. Make sure to check the regs. Some of them have Antler Restrictions and other rules in place.  
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/dep/downloads/pdf/recreation/open-rec-areas-maps.pdf

DEP has instituted Quality Deer Management (QDM) principles in the Richardsville, West Branch Headwaters, Knapp Road, and Boyds Corner North Units in the towns of Kent and Putnam Valley. In the QDM hunting areas, the following enforceable conditions apply to all hunters over 17 years of age:

Only does may be harvested on the first two days of bow season, the first two days of regular gun season, and the first two days of muzzleloader season—no bucks may be taken on these days.
On all other days of the legal hunting season, bucks may be harvested if they have an antler spread of at least 15 inches in width and/or a minimum of three points on a side greater than one inch long, excluding brow tines. Throughout the hunting season in general, all hunters are encouraged to harvest more does than bucks to help with maintaining balanced herd populations and healthier forests.

Interesting ...may make for some interesting shed hunting

• Like 1

20 degrees and a cold breeze. Just a covering of snow and loud as all heck. I head in just about to pass above the tower and deer start running all over. A bunch on the ridge to my left and one off to the right. Jeeze now I’m down in my stand like well anything near here is cleared the heck out
Smh

10 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

How do you like the Taurus ? I'm considering a raging hunter in 44 for next year.

My buddy hunts with one.. accurate  as hell. I don't like sitting next to him at the range . If I do I have to double hearing protection. Why anybody has to put holes in a perfectly good barrel  is beyond me . I do like the grips .

• Like 1