LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

1 hour ago, diplomat019 said:

3n.  Gonna sit for a couple hours before football/snow.  

as i pull into my parking spot there are two deer standing there.  This is after me complaining about not seeing anything the last two weeks in 3n.  I just had to laugh.

I’ve shot ones I saw crossing the street Into the county land as I was pulling in new exactly where they were going...that was crazy action 

Good luck out there everyone

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

I’ve shot ones I saw crossing the street Into the county land as I was pulling in new exactly where they were going...that was crazy action 

They ran down a ridge that was parallel to where i was going.  I was hoping that i could catch them moving once the sun came up but i didnt.  Plus there was zero chance of creeping in quietly with the frozen leaves.  

Edited by diplomat019
  • Like 1

Had a little luck this morning at 8:12. Heard a buck grunting off in the distance but couldn't see him. So, I made a couple doe estrus bleats and within 30 seconds I could hear a deer coming. In came a medium sized 8Pt looking for the doe. I think it was the same one I passed at 11 yds during bow and maybe the same one I passed on yesterday at 70yds. He was out of passes this late in the season and offering a chip shot at about 35yds. Plus it was pretty cool that I called him in.

• Like 13

4 hours ago, E J said:

Hunting with my 11 year old son this morning. We have some deer in front of us. I think it's only a matter of time before we get a good shot at a doe.

We got it done this morning before the snow started. The deer were really moving this morning. So far he's sat with me three times this year and we've gone 2 for 3. With this doe and a coyote before that.

KIMG1960.JPG

• Like 24

I went for a little still hunt for a couple of hours..The snow is just starting heavy now. I snuck along the west side of a north south ridge and kept scanning for deer. All of a sudden i see the back half of a deer standing about 70 yds away. I froze and the doe heard me more than she saw me i think. She moved around looking for me and kept blowing fairly low volume. I watched her for 5 mins before i saw another deer behind her. I couldn't see if it had antlers,but i dont think so. I could have shot the doe,but i only have a buck tag for now.

Eventually i saw three or four deer take off slowly. I dont think a buck was with them,and they were feeding on beechnuts.

Edited by BowmanMike

Been out since 9 looking for a tag-out doe, snowing and icing out in 4 f. Sat for about 4 hours in tree stand, going to still hunt my way back in. Ice and snow is blowing sideways, pretty raw out - no sightings. Warm and toasty in my sitka gear except for hands and toes. Good luck to all who are still out.

Edited by Engraver99
  • Like 1