LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

11 hours ago, Cory said:

Couple guys I hunt with in Colorado went to Texas deer hunting and one guy shot this then got fined plus the deer was confiscated. Too small all deer must have a minimum 20” spread.

0DE22A74-1E6B-456A-9BB5-ECB719EC07EF.jpeg

Everything I’ve found online , says 13 inch minimum inside spread in Texas . The Texas wildlife dept or whatever they’re called give out these cards .

37BAEA14-FED9-4887-8C86-FF9F98F7ABAA.png

19 hours ago, Fletch said:

Took an hour break and back in
I must be nuts! Snow turned to freezing rain. If I wasn’t headed outa town on work for a week my dumb ass would be warm inside by the stove watching football!!

Hope there is a really stupid deer out here! Maybe stupid as me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fletch: Post of the day yesterday! way to gut it out-great local deer!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Belo said:

it's always funny after i take a week off for hunting. I spend most of the time unshaven in sweatpants and showering in scent free soap. This morning I'm freshly shaven, smelling good and look like a new man haha.

Was thinking maybe taking a 1/2 day sometime this week but it looks windy, so might save it for the smoke pole. 

It’s crazy the things we do during hunting season. I personally stay away from cologne as much as possible. After the season I go back to being a normal human being.

Near perfect conditions! I had hoped to stalk but the snow is too scrunch for that so a sit in snow camp is it for the afternoon. Plenty of tracks and light snow. About 60 yards from a corn field so hoping for movement to it a little later. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

The new kid went out on his own today got himself a spike . I am so happy for him . Wish I could of got out there with him but jack daniels  had me at noon . So no driving for me .  Wtg my new hunter. Ps. He said he couldn't of done it without the knowledge  I gave him . So sweet lololol. 

• Like 14

3 hours ago, WWJD_Hunter said:

It’s crazy the things we do during hunting season. I personally stay away from cologne as much as possible. After the season I go back to being a normal human being.

yeah sometimes i get paranoid with lotion even like 2 days prior to a hunt. but that dry skin... haha

• Like 1

Well it was a good hunt but not a great hunt. Saw fresh tracks right where I expected them to be but couldn't get to the piece of land I knew they were in as I ran into another Hunter so I back tracked and hit a few other areas but didn't see anything. Was still fun and got some exercise. Thought this was cool where the deer crossed this log. f1f7f8f5f777c05361765857a179ce14.jpg7edc81abf30e00a35f95c044e5beb1c4.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Hunting a ~2000 acre property that only allows gun hunting for 5 days and limits to 25 hunters/day by lottery draw. In the first 4 days of season, only 3 does were killed!! WTF!! Absolutely PATHETIC!! I walked ~1/4 mile to and from my stand this afternoon in the fresh snow and never cut a track. When I checked out tonight, I was told that no deer were seen today by any of the hunters. Moral of the story, be thankful and don't take for granted if you have a decent place to hunt.

A wise man (Jack Daniels?) once said, "Sometimes you just need to say, WTF!?!?

• Like 3