LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Just had to snap this pic of my home as I was coming back in from the tree stand. Didn’t catch the 3 doe standing in the backyard as I took the picture. The front porch serves as the hunting lodge where friends gear up to go hunt or wind down with an after hunt beer. 

8E721942-875D-4431-866C-E624CE840EA9.jpeg

• Like 31

3 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

That was my logic too, but I’m in Monroe. Did you get one of the CVAs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No i went for a custom bolt action build...had this one built on a savage action, 28in brux barrel, nightforce nsx 5-22x56... shootin a 275gr pittman accumax at 3000fps... im expecting my new one from jeff to be done at anytime now

8 hours ago, 46rkl said:

Just had to snap this pic of my home as I was coming back in from the tree stand. Didn’t catch the 3 doe standing in the backyard as I took the picture. The front porch serves as the hunting lodge where friends gear up to go hunt or wind down with an after hunt beer. imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34

love your place!  Beautiful.  Somehow youve read my lotto dream!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

17. Gentle breeze. Few inches of fresh snow. Covering the trees. I can already picture a buck trying to sneak through and me full send. Good luck to everyone going out. 

Go get one Jay. I will be out tomorrow in the snow,should be fun. We got about 8" here in 4F.

3 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Go get one Jay. I will be out tomorrow in the snow,should be fun. We got about 8" here in 4F.

Current situation.  Doe bound down into golden rod / brush at 80 yards. She’s bed down right in front of me. Almost plugged her but waiting for hopeful trailing buck. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Current situation.  Doe bound down into golden rod / brush at 80 yards. She’s bed down right in front of me. Almost plugged her but waiting for hopeful trailing buck. 

Nice,action. I only have a buck tag left,until MZ that is. I will go out in the snow though,that is always fun to see where and how the deer move in this.

12 hours ago, 46rkl said:

Just had to snap this pic of my home as I was coming back in from the tree stand. Didn’t catch the 3 doe standing in the backyard as I took the picture. The front porch serves as the hunting lodge where friends gear up to go hunt or wind down with an after hunt beer. imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34

Now, that's nice!!!  Looks like Christmas card!!!!   You are blessed!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Zem18 said:

Well it was a good hunt but not a great hunt. Saw fresh tracks right where I expected them to be but couldn't get to the piece of land I knew they were in as I ran into another Hunter so I back tracked and hit a few other areas but didn't see anything. Was still fun and got some exercise. Thought this was cool where the deer crossed this log. f1f7f8f5f777c05361765857a179ce14.jpg7edc81abf30e00a35f95c044e5beb1c4.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ł ran across an odd set of tracks crossing a log this year. 

Screenshot_20191203-092153_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 46rkl said:

Beautiful home!! Looks like a post card!

As suspected she was a he.  Found it weird came in all alone.  Button buck.  Just stood up and meandered our slowly.  I hit the grunt tube and he did not like that. 

His name was L O L A  walked like a women n talked like a man 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

As suspected she was a he.  Found it weird came in all alone.  Button buck.  Just stood up and meandered our slowly.  I hit the grunt tube and he did not like that. 

Button Buck gets 8 mass measurements just like a 10pt. Plus the inside spread! #INCHES

9 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Wolc will be along any minute now.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

How is the prediction of 1100 inches of antler going? 

1,000 (not 1,100). and it was a lofty goal (not prediction). I can't hunt this weekend due to a good friend's wedding. We are stuck at 885 right now! I may have to bowhunt on december 31st stateland in westchester to get one more buck.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1