LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

After adding todays hunts to my journal, I saw that I now have 204 hours of stand time (54 hunts). Haven't seen a deer in my last 23 hunts (since 11/10). OUCH!!! At some point, I need to accept my fate! LOL  #worstseasonever  #thankGodforalcohol

If you where close by I’d push the woods for you every time you went out. It’s gotten to the point that I’m depressed for you.
#thankGodforalcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 10

9 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

After adding todays hunts to my journal, I saw that I now have 204 hours of stand time (54 hunts). Haven't seen a deer in my last 23 hunts (since 11/10). OUCH!!! At some point, I need to accept my fate! LOL  #worstseasonever  #thankGodforalcohol

I don’t have that many hunts or hours in.  Last count was 24 hunts for me, most were 4-6 hours.  Today was #25 and 3 hours.  Gorgeous day, lots of fresh tracks, but not a single deer spotted.   At start of archery I saw deer every single hunt, since mid-November I have seen less than 5 deer total.  Oh well, going to try one more afternoon this week and then Saturday and Sunday.    Then out comes the muzzleloader, hope to at least put down a doe for the freezer! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Cheers buddy!  Had hunt #56 on Sunday. Haven't even seen a deer last two weekends.  Worst season in years for me too. Maybe we should split a cow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Cheers buddy!  Had hunt #56 on Sunday. Haven't even seen a deer last two weekends.  Worst season in years for me too. Maybe we should split a cow. 

Yikes  I hunted total of about 12 hours saw nothing in the  area that I have  a  dmp in which has  no antler restrictions locally,  but when I went up to the other  area  I saw plenty of does  but no dmp for there and a part of a buck which with out knowing how many points because of antler restriction they have I   didn't want to take  chance and didn't shoot . Just to far to see with all the brush in the way and it walk off out of sight .

38 minutes ago, land 1 said:

thats rough huntfish

Passed some small bucks in bow season but right now would take one for the freezer.  I would prob pass them again in early season but end of season without even a doe in the freezer, all are fair game.  One more weekend of gun and I have three days for muzzleloader so still in it but it's been tough. Esp since last season was my best ever. 

• Like 4

Passed some small bucks in bow season but right now would take one for the freezer.  I would prob pass them again in early season but end of season without even a doe in the freezer, all are fair game.  One more weekend of gun and I have three days for muzzleloader so still in it but it's been tough. Esp since last season was my best ever. 

I’m still keeping the faith for you!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Wow,talk about highs and lows. I am keeping my fingers crossed for all you hardcore guys with meager sightings this year. You are more persistent than me,i would have thrown in the towel by now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I think odds continue to get better through muzzleloader.   Pulling for cabin, rob and Otto and all the others that are still looking to score one.  Keep at it.  Only takes one opportunity!

Zero to hero in seconds......

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Enders said:

I got my hunting license at the end of October, went out on 5 hunts before this one and today with the help of friends I got a button buck which I thought was a doe so I took it. Even though I hate the idea of taking such a young buck I can’t take it back so here he is. My fist deer ever. It was a hell of a hike and a grueling hike back. Until next season. 

15B26E63-65CF-4ACB-B1ED-02713FAC72B4.jpeg

Congrats... That's the best eating.. IMO any deer is considered a trophy

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Enders said:

I got my hunting license at the end of October, went out on 5 hunts before this one and today with the help of friends I got a button buck which I thought was a doe so I took it. Even though I hate the idea of taking such a young buck I can’t take it back so here he is. My fist deer ever. It was a hell of a hike and a grueling hike back. Until next season. 

Come on now, it's your first deer what's wrong with a button buck??  Any deer you kill should be considered a trophy.  Don't get wrapped up with what you see on the TV hunting shows or any hunter telling you that hunting should be all about antlers.

Edited by steve863
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, Enders said:

Congratulations Enders!

6 hours ago, Enders said:

congrats on the first deer!  Good to have success early-  sure keeps you hooked.  Be proud of that button buck - like Steve said TV shows arent reality for sure.  And be proud when the steaks hit the grill that you got this on your own. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Enders said:

My first deer was a spike , 3.5 inches long, i shot him when I was 17. I still remember it like it was yesterday. Your first deer is well your first deer. Congrats .....

• Like 4

15B26E63-65CF-4ACB-B1ED-02713FAC72B4.thumb.jpeg.eb097531cc87891da1cd437fd163c6e2.jpeg

Congratulations Enders!

Don’t be picky this early in your hunting career. Any deer is a trophy and should be treated as such. Most I know including myself went a couple of years hunting before scoring our first deer.

Enjoy the healthy meat that you just got with your own hard work!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Enders said:

Way to go ! My first year bow hunting ( 1989 ) I killed a button buck as well ,one of my more memorable hunts to this day . Hey anyone can hit a big buck in the kill zone , as its so large .....

Job well done .

9 hours ago, Enders said:

A hearty congratulations on your first deer Enders!! Well done sir.

Over the many years I've deer hunted, I have killed a few deer. But none were as sweet as that very first one!!!  Like others have said, each and every deer you take home is a trophy! Enjoy the bounty.

• Like 1