LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

9 hours ago, Enders said:

I got my hunting license at the end of October, went out on 5 hunts before this one and today with the help of friends I got a button buck which I thought was a doe so I took it. Even though I hate the idea of taking such a young buck I can’t take it back so here he is. My fist deer ever. It was a hell of a hike and a grueling hike back. Until next season. 

15B26E63-65CF-4ACB-B1ED-02713FAC72B4.jpeg

Congratulations!!!!  Just make sure that there are no regrets  before you pull that trigger. Be thankful with any deer you harvest as its a blessing to be able to do what we do. I have taken my fair share of big bucks, but have no problem taking does or young bucks if i feel like i need extra meat. In the end that kill should ALWAYS make you feel thankful. Well done young man, you are off to a great start. And remember you dont need to explain yourself to anyone why you took a certain deer, big or small, male or female, as long as its done legally and makes you HAPPY. Have fun out there!!!! BTW great picture.

10 hours ago, Enders said:

I got my hunting license at the end of October, went out on 5 hunts before this one and today with the help of friends I got a button buck which I thought was a doe so I took it. Even though I hate the idea of taking such a young buck I can’t take it back so here he is. My fist deer ever. It was a hell of a hike and a grueling hike back. Until next season. 

no new hunter should be picky and choosy about any deer at. Congrats and welcome to the money draining, time sucking obsession that is the NY whitetail :)

10 hours ago, Enders said:

Congrats! I ate tag soup my first year as I'm sure many others on here have. Like others have said, any deer is a trophy and I'd strongly encourage you to focus on having fun, learning how the deer behave and shooting whatever gives you a good opportunity as you start down the wormhole that is deer hunting. Don't worry about what anyone else does or shoots and don't ever let anyone try to make your kill feel any less special because it wasn't a certain age or size. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Don't worry about what anyone else does or shoots and don't ever let anyone try to make your kill feel any less special because it wasn't a certain age or size. 

Exactly! Every deer legally and ethically taken is a trophy.

• Like 2

Any body in the woods today ? If so try not to laugh  at about what I’m about to post. You’ll spook the deer. I climbed up on our Florida flat top roof with extension ladder    Guessing 20’.  Hung 4 strands of new LED icicle lights  Go to climb down and ladder slides a bit in the grapple that’s been falling    After wearing harnesses and lifelines in stands all year I’m like f this. My head will split like a watermelon on the driveway.  Cmon neighbor let your dog out so I discretely ask you to hold ladder.  Hour and 15 minutes goes by and finally a salt truck is coming    I flag them down and ask to hold the ladder. Guy says last year he got stuck on eave of house and called his buddy to come over to let him in through window. Feeling a bit dumb but I’m still alive. There’s your laugh for the day at my expense.  Good luck to anyone hunting today. 

• Like 15
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Any body in the woods today ? If so try not to laugh  at about what I’m about to post. You’ll spook the deer. I climbed up on our Florida flat top roof with extension ladder    Guessing 20’.  Hung 4 strands of new LED icicle lights  Go to climb down and ladder slides a bit in the grapple that’s been falling    After wearing harnesses and lifelines in stands all year I’m like f this. My head will split like a watermelon on the driveway.  Cmon neighbor let your dog out so I discretely ask you to hold ladder.  Hour and 15 minutes goes by and finally a salt truck is coming    I flag them down and ask to hold the ladder. Guy says last year he got stuck on eave of house and called his buddy to come over to let him in through window. Feeling a bit dumb but I’m still alive. There’s your laugh for the day at my expense.  Good luck to anyone hunting today. 

Any good views from up there? (i.e., hot neighbor).

also your ring cam shows that your wife pushed the ladder out.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Enders said:

Congrats and welcome to the addiction.  Enjoy the feast. It will be some of the best eating you will have ever had. 

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I'm just thankful you made it out of that adventure well and good!  Smart of you to not risk coming down that ladder! 

Glad it all worked out Jay. 

My Christmas lights stopped working after we got the 30 inches of snow. I'm not going to bother finding out why either!

I knew a guy that ended up calling local fire department to rescue him from tree stand. He had a climber and never attached top to bottom.... you know what happened. Fire department was faster than any of his friends could get there.

• Like 1

Glad you are ok Turkeyfeathers .

Passed some small bucks in bow season but right now would take one for the freezer.  I would prob pass them again in early season but end of season without even a doe in the freezer, all are fair game.  One more weekend of gun and I have three days for muzzleloader so still in it but it's been tough. Esp since last season was my best ever. 
That sucks Rob! I'm right there with ya. I also passed on some small deer early now I can't see a deer. I'm staring in the face of my first deerless season it quite sometime after putting many hrs in the woods. I'm going out tonight to my private land hoping somehow my luck changes. Good luck to everyone out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

image.jpeg.980b168e9f92a269fa0de71e0e8bf193.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, NYBowhunter said:

fresh or not, if a young deer is what your after for meat go after those tracks. Young ones dont wander that far and  tend to stay in a general area  day in and day out.  Could be easy pickings.

I walked  up the side of the hill a little  and walked parallel to those tracks   I  have seen them in that general area a few times over the years .

I could not stay the whole day unfortunately.  What's disappointing is I walked in the snow 2 Miles  straight  back  and only saw that one track .

Not good . 

Edited by Hunter007
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hunter007 said:

I walked  up the side of the hill a little  and walked parallel to those tracks   I  have seen them in that general area a few times over the years .

I could not stay the whole day unfortunately.  What's disappointing is I walk in the snow 2 Miles  straight  back  and only saw that one track .

Not good . 

you covered 4 miles and saw only 1 track? or the same 2 miles but in and out?