LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Small flat-top joined me a half hour ago, bedded down 25 yards away.

We've had coffee, watched squirrels play, caught snow flakes on our tounges, cruised the internet, and a few other activities.

Can't get bigger friends to come out ant play with us...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

eaa9830953568facaf822c1fd35ab947.jpg

• Like 4

Had my first ever jury summons this week and was called to go in today. Even got picked for the first group of 14. I’m not sure what I said but I was released. Took that as a sign to hunt the lake effect snow storm in 8F.

Love snow camo
34787196ac9ff8642e06df1e2710d9b3.jpg&key=740b384f3cb5549d5f1a99d94b39e34f9fef6308a907b6323b195e93b3576c55

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first trout I ever caught on a fly came after not getting selected for jury duty, I DID NOT return to the office I went fishing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’m out and up.  Who’s with me ? 

I was...just got back from a morning sit and some scouting. Saw 1 squirrel all morning. Started raining about 11:00 so I finished up the scouting and came out.

This  area I am hunting has got some smart deer. I make it a point to go in one way and come out another. The other day on the way out I noticed the deer were walking right in my tracks.

The last couple of days I have purposely walked a zig zag pattern on the way in. Sure enough I go in this morning and they walked right in my tracks right up to the spot I was sitting. If I walked around  a tree on the right so would they. If I walked on the left side they would to. Now they have me figured out but I have a few tricks up my sleeve I hope will work. As much as I dislike gun season I wish there was a few more days to play with them but I would probably end up being more frustrated than I am now.:angry:

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 11:00 PM, Enders said:

I got my hunting license at the end of October, went out on 5 hunts before this one and today with the help of friends I got a button buck which I thought was a doe so I took it. Even though I hate the idea of taking such a young buck I can’t take it back so here he is. My fist deer ever. It was a hell of a hike and a grueling hike back. Until next season. 

15B26E63-65CF-4ACB-B1ED-02713FAC72B4.jpeg

Sorry about the late response. Between work an family, I'm lucky I get to check this thread, never mind hunt lol. Any deer you decide to take can be a trophy to you. Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise. You were obviously not "head hunting" if you thought you were taking a doe. Good for you and CONGRATS! #goodeats. You should mount him, he is your 1st ever!

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Follow those tracks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did they went out of bounds 

Private property. 

Saw a bunch of them  ,tracks all close to the border 

Looks like they sneak in when they think coast is clear and then sneak back out when they think there  are Hunters around ,And there staying relatively close to the road ..

20191206_084848.jpg

20191206_085146.jpg

20191206_104228.jpg

Edited by Hunter007
  • Like 2

Just sat, 37 degrees light wind, light rain snow mix. Went to where it shot my doe with gun and most my shooting lanes are blocked with pine branches hanging down from snow still. Oh well, if I get a shot it will be close. Lots of tracks. Any doe in danger.

Keep your head on a swivel Jay,i think bucks will be looking hard for does again. I will try my luck next week. Maybe i will be able to connect with a nice MZ buck,i haven't gotten a decent one yet during late season.
No other deer showed up. Flat top got up about 9:30 , shook off the snow then wandered off. Small deer and couldn't tell if a doe or button buck, so got a pass. Already have meet in freezer, so all is good, plus carrying muzzle loader, so still have another week.

Good luck to everyone still out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1