LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Today’s bow hunt in 3S is sponsored by F&S Maple Venison Breakfast Sausage recipe that I made this week. Wouldn’t mind slapping together another 10# of that, and then having some “splash around” meat to try some of Chef’s charcuterie.
Good luck today kidZ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

In desperate need of some motivation to get moving this morning. This warm bed is just to comfortable. Only a half day hunt today and I’ll need a big doe in front of me to pull the trigger.

Motivation is theres less then 2 weeks left and then a 9 month wait to get out again.  Lol.  That is what my brother told me when he left my house last night.  

• Like 2

In the category of no good deed goes unpunished, I drag myself out of bed at 5am to take the new hunter out a third time.  He has no car so I have to drive an extra 20 min both ways to pick him up.   Wait 20 min outside his house and he doesn’t answer text or call.  Decided to sleep in.    Nice.   Thanks for the heads up.   I am home and done for the season.  No desire to shoot or butcher another deer   

Good luck to those still chasing tail.   

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

Ouch Moog!
I got back in town last night. My First Light gear was in so in the wash it went and I had to try it out this morning!
26 out and about a foot and a half of snow compacted down to 10 inches. Sitting in the stand I poked the buck outa Sunday. A fat doe would be icing.
Bro is up top hope he sees one as he hasn’t since gun started

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Motivation is theres less then 2 weeks left and then a 9 month wait to get out again.  Lol.  That is what my brother told me when he left my house last night.  

I’m with moho on this...stand is a 5 minute walk from my front door but zip for motivation, not even sit in the woods in the snow motivation....

I think it’s just gun season I’m tired of...gonna use this extra energy to shoot my bow a bit with my heaviest clothes on as it’s supposed to be super cold here after a brief rainy warm up.

Good luck everyone out there seems like a great morning for dropping deer.

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

In the stand since 6:45. Got a lil damp on the walk in. Left everything unzipped on the walk in, but still got a bit sweaty. Dressed for an all day sit.
Heard a coyote around 7:10, just across the field and a shot about 7:15.
My fingers getting itchy too.823741efa323757a3d692e6411d9c7a0.jpg8075db9e962649797830c1496ddb3dfa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There is shooting going on at every corner of the lake sounds like a typical gun opener after a very quiet year...might be a real good day good luck again

edit...just realized it could be ducks but the first couple sets were first light deer id guess...1 gun, some space between shots

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Change of plans for me . Followed a roadmap of old deer trails left in the snow that started to trickle out closer to where I was twice successful earlier in bow this season. Decided to crunch my way around to see if I could get back on their highway and pushed a pod back around other side of hill. I wonder if I head back and loop around if I could cut them off? And that’s where I am now, for the past 30 minutes... opening in a rock wall to my 5:00, terrain funnel to my 10:00 and decent runs all around...I can see and hear for miles today. Would love for a not so long track with snow on the ground.