LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

1 hour ago, Bolt action said:

Just got a call from my father in law.. real nice guy.. right off the boat Italian.. would do anything to help you, if he likes you.. but not the kind of hunter I want to be.. says he was out yesterday and saw 4 or 5 deer and started shooting at them.. unloaded and reloaded a few times. 15 shots is my estimate.. he recovered 2 of them. Hit each of them twice in hind quarters, then a few other random hits on each.. neck, side, head, etc.. I saw a pic and these deer were like swiss cheese.. then, after he recovers them, he gave both away because he doesn't know how to cook it properly and doesn't care for the meat.. 

Perhaps put him back on the boat ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bolt action said:

Just got a call from my father in law.. real nice guy.. right off the boat Italian.. would do anything to help you, if he likes you.. but not the kind of hunter I want to be.. says he was out yesterday and saw 4 or 5 deer and started shooting at them.. unloaded and reloaded a few times. 15 shots is my estimate.. he recovered 2 of them. Hit each of them twice in hind quarters, then a few other random hits on each.. neck, side, head, etc.. I saw a pic and these deer were like swiss cheese.. then, after he recovers them, he gave both away because he doesn't know how to cook it properly and doesn't care for the meat.. 

Have you sat him down and told him, "hey, that's just not the way we do it here"? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bolt action said:

Remind him these are deer, not people. 

• Haha 1

Waats a madda fa you ?!!

I would have just said to save the ammo. If you donate cause you don't know how to cook it, don't shoot at em if you don't know how to kill them....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Dad finally scored tonight. First tag for 19'. Im certain this is the longest he's ever gone in my life without a kill. A tender deer, that will surely taste fantastic. I hunted up north and was able to snag a fresh roadie to add to tonight's pile. 9835be9604672d572aea06d89de1bb2e.jpg

• Like 13

Waats a madda fa you ?!!

I would have just said to save the ammo. If you donate cause you don't know how to cook it, don't shoot at em if you don't know how to kill them....

Didn’t get to hunt this weekend due to the company Christmas party I’ll be out Monday Tuesday and then Saturday Sunday Still buck only Monday Tuesday maybe Saturday too. I have the does on my place so well patterned I will shoot a doe next weekend for meat just so I don’t eat tag soup

2466d4d90b8bd66e733ec1cdfb012e9b.jpg29983dcfa707e9a5c4a84e34ab262123.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gave a nice doe a shave under the belly a little after 4 this afternoon. Wasn't a chip shot.....but she was walking a woodline where the corn ended and the woods/scrub start and was headed right at me.....once she quartered a bit and got to what i guaged 50-60 yards I put my crosshairs right behind her shoulder and sent one! Shot didn't feel great ......I felt i peeked over the scope at the shot and I seen her leap directly into the woods. I went and got my 3 year old from the shack we were sitting in below the corn and we went to take a look. No blood at the hit site and eventually we found white hair. Looked a bit and backed out.
Got a hold of a buddy who was willing to poke around and look for more sign so we headed back around 10. No more hair or any blood and we followed a track that seemed to be fresh and running downhill.
All signs indicate she is healthy and alive....and lives to be hunted another day!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Sitting at Dunkin donuts. Nobody has shown up yet even though they said yesterday they were hunting. Making me wish I stayed in bed especially with this cold. Its 4 degrees. Trying to decide if I should fly solo or cut my loses and drive the 45 minutes back home and go to bed.

• Sad 1

I got out yesterday in 9F sat all day except about an hour when I went to Tim's for some hot soup. only deer I saw i jumped on my way in, checked the track and it was small so i didn't pursue it. I did cover a good chunk of the property and didn't cross a fresh track! I wonder where have the deer gone? I pulled out all my cameras after bow season as I don't want them stolen so I don't have any recent intel. I got 1 more weekend with the ML just not sure where to go?

• Like 2

Killed two does last night in 8H with the muzzleloader. I had my dad with me who hasn’t killed a deer since the 80s and was trying to get him on one but he seemed a bit reluctant to pull the trigger, probably due to lack of range time. We saw no less than 40 deer, including a nice 3 year old I’ve seen before who was all over a doe and ended up pushing her past my buddy a half mile to the north. I could have shot some more, but two is enough work for one night haha. I think the one does is the biggest I’ve ever killed and the other is just normal sized despite looking like a fawn compared to the slob lol. Back out tonight looking for antlers. Good luck to all those looking to punch a last minute tag!

0dcad0efeb3da3512c01a643675d52b3.jpg

425043036e04df13e8323f706216782f.jpg

• Like 19

Out with my son today in 4-0 , cold breezy with sunshine. Plenty of tracks around , not really looking to shoot a deer . However a shooter buck could sway me. Gave my neighbor my doe tag , he’s looking for some meat for freezer. Saw a large doe in my field at about 50yards . Perfect for the freezer. Good year for us with 3 nice bucks taken during bow/ crossbow. Good luck to all ! May hunt a day or two of late bow . Schedule permitting.

• Like 1