LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Good luck to everyone riding out the last day of Rifle!

Seen a group of 3 does sunning around 11 and 1 in a thicket half hour later. Need to see some horns. Worse case we'll be back out next weekend for ML as ł want one more for the freezer.

20191208_123116.jpg

Edited by XGX7PM
  • Like 4

Y’all to busy dragging one out ? Hoping so 
Busy dragging my a$$ around the property only to see nothing. Buddy and his son saw 7 and took a shot and missed. First time in along time I have not filled at least one regular season gun tag. Regrouping for next weekend with the ML.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Out in 3g after getting house prepped for Christmas. Sitting acorns with some good sign in the snow. Crunchy walk in probably spooked a bunch but pleasant last regular season sit. Freezer has a little room so this may be a brown and down hunt.

Good luck to all trying to get a last day score.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Buddy just shot a big doe.... oops, turned out to be a buck that had shed it antlers. Looking at the bases, it had shed some time ago. 
im hanging in a pretty stable stand but the wind is shaking even this one. Here’s hoping I can drop one in the last hour or so. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

Tried doing a hang and hunt in a creek bed tonight. I got two sticks up and got surrounded by deer... two small bucks pushing around about a dozen does at 1:45ish. Don’t think anything winded me but had to throw in the towel on the hang and hunt and am sitting against a tree. Didn’t bring a seat or anything for a ground hunt but hopefully they come back and bring a big boy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

What about the tree rats?? Giving up on them?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Funny that you mentioned that.  I did not have the pellet gun tonight (blind was too small for 2 guns) but I did  see the only black squirrel that I have ever seen in WMU 9F, and a couple of greys.  It was another deerless sit however, as has been the case every time since the first half hour of opening day.   The good news is that I still have an either/or and an antlerless tag for the southern tier and if the weather is decent, I will try and get down to my buddies camp for the following long weekend with my ML.  I was able to free up the firing pin on that with some CLP. so I should be good to go.   They have lots of standing corn down there that is infested with does.  Hopefully I will end up with a button buck or two.     

Edited by wolc123

Well got skunked . I was on the outside of all the fun. They did a big drive and the parking spot next  to me had 6 guys . And they did a good job of not letting any deer come over to me .:( oh well muzzleloader  still so I still have time to get it done. But it's not looking good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Started the day with 18 degrees and a 12 degree windchill. Spent most of the day in the woods just coming home to shed some clothes after it warmed up to 40. Howling winds all day 20-40 mph. Sad to see it end but glad it is over. Hear the last shot a 5:10 on the way out :angry:.  I might try to get out with the bow if we get some decent weather but it doesn't sound to good at the present time and I need a break for a couple of days.

Sitting back and reading the bible with some crown royal. Congratulations  to all of those that were able to fill some tags this year.

I did come across something interesting today.

Sunrise, Sunset, and todays find:

IMG_20191208_155221.jpg

IMG_20191208_111049.jpg

IMG_20191208_072014.jpg

IMG_20191208_175332.jpg

• Like 7

Ended up doing drives all the way until last light. 7 of us stuck it out and worked hard pushing, tracking setting up and doing it all over again. In the end as a group we took 3 doe all nice sizes. I covered 8 miles of ground through crunchy morning snow, ice,mud, water you name it I went through it today.

Was the perfect way to end the season being a part of 3 deer with some really great fellow hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 16

Funny that you mentioned that.  I did not have the pellet gun tonight (blind was too small for 2 guns) but I did  see the only black squirrel that I have ever seen in WMU 9F, and a couple of greys.  It was another deerless sit however, as has been the case every time since the first half hour of opening day.   The good news is that I still have an either/or and an antlerless tag for the southern tier and if the weather is decent, I will try and get down to my buddies camp for the following long weekend with my ML.  I was able to free up the firing pin on that with some CLP. so I should be good to go.   They have lots of standing corn down there that is infested with does.  Hopefully I will end up with a button buck or two.     

There was a black squirrel at Clarence Center and Salt for a long time, haven’t seen him in a while though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well got skunked . I was on the outside of all the fun. They did a big drive and the parking spot next  to me had 6 guys . And they did a good job of not letting any deer come over to me .:( oh well muzzleloader  still so I still have time to get it done. But it's not looking good.

I found myself in the middle of an unexpected drive yesterday, I had the hammer back twice but couldn’t stop either deer for a shot with the ML. I saw those guys parked a block over they killed a nice ten, the buck I had a chance at, and two does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro