LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

1 minute ago, TheHornHunter said:

I believe that. I think part of it is you can get away with a lot more movement and sound on windy days so they are easier to hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they implied that bucks were on their feet more during a windy day, not so much that they were easier to hunt. There were actually 3 factors that dictated increased movement. High pressure, cold, and wind. 

2 hours ago, GreenDrake said:

Holy DoeZilla…….

Biggest I killed weighed 168 dressed. She was a horse. Of course it fell down a deep ravine of extremely thick stuff. I had to use my leather belt to drag her and it broke on me. Several stops for the dry heaves....and eating snow to quench my thirst....I finally got her out.

Ha!  Further proof that hunting is not just hero shots!

That's just about what we have found in Tioga county and Bradford county- Pa.- at least the areas I hunt. We have probably weighed 50 does from those 2 states over the last 15 years.  Our adult does tend to go 90-105, 110 to 118, and 125-130 field dressed. Never have we aged them, but you can almost age them by weight. Haven't weighed any that were heavier, although I suspect I shot one 25 years ago that might have pushed 145.
Have to ask, How many of those PA deer did you the chest girth chart on?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

Several years ago i was posted when we did a drive with some friends. Some deer came out and walked past me at 50 yds. I only had a buck tag,and i saw the first one was a doe. The next two looked like fawns behind her,so i relaxed. Turned out the third deer was a six point 1.5 year old,he looked like a baby behind that doe. Biggest one i have ever seen

15 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Shot this big ole girl in Nov of 15'
A group came in busting over a hill behind me and I took her first. He ran off downhill at the shot and stayed around for a while so I dropped him as well. She made him look like a dwarf!88a247426c1b51dac83d7b52cba095eb.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the double...

Hope to get put of work and get me some woods time . I need it . Bad week so far for me my car broke down 700 to fix it I don't have . My husband's brother in law was found dead in woods on Saturday  and my brothers wife just went on hospice. Not a good year for me . Need me some time in the  woods 

• Sad 10

6 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Hope to get put of work and get me some woods time . I need it . Bad week so far for me my car broke down 700 to fix it I don't have . My husband's brother in law was found dead in woods on Saturday  and my brothers wife just went on hospice. Not a good year for me . Need me some time in the  woods 

Prayers Sent, Take your time and enjoy what time you can get in the woods with Mother Nature.

• Thanks 1

Damn Cynthia- I don’t know what to say except I’ve been told we are only given what we can handle. You are one strong ass person so clearly you can handle more than most! Prayers sent

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Sorry to hear all this,  best of luck and keep plugging away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Hang in there Cynthia... Hope you get more woods time... nothing better than that to clear your head

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

I processed the bigger doe I shot saturday and she weighed in at 140 field dressed. I was thinking she was going to be at least 150 but I’ve never weighed a doe before. Does anyone else weigh their does? If so, what’s an average doe weigh? I shot a big one last year that I got 60 pounds of meat off but I didn’t get a dressed weight on her.

07eb9b152f708aa1f5486df9f88d07ef.jpg

my wife shot the biggest doe I ever saw and it was 135 dressed. so yea, your doe is huge!

10 hours ago, Zem18 said:

Have to ask, How many of those PA deer did you the chest girth chart on? emoji6.png

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Actually, I used that years ago on a couple of deer. I probably wasn't doing it right, but I came with unbelievable weights. Probably should keep using for bragging purposes!!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear. Stay strong

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You got this! We can all tell from your posts how strong you are! Nothing can stop you that’s for sure! I hope you get that woods time you need to clear your head

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cynthiafu said:

Prayers sent Cynthia

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am soo sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you. I pray The Lord comforts and strengthens you, your husband, his sister and your brother thru this time and season. What happened to your husband's BIL? Did he fall out of a tree?

• Thanks 1

My thoughts and prayers are with you Cynthia. 

• Thanks 1

Tough year for sure....but you are one tough cookie. May the solitude of the woods ease your burdens and clear your mind.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have my sincere condolences Cynthia. So sorry.

• Thanks 1