LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

3 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Hope to get put of work and get me some woods time . I need it . Bad week so far for me my car broke down 700 to fix it I don't have . My husband's brother in law was found dead in woods on Saturday  and my brothers wife just went on hospice. Not a good year for me . Need me some time in the  woods 

Reading that just put my week into perspective.....Thoughts and prayers sent.....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Hope to get put of work and get me some woods time . I need it . Bad week so far for me my car broke down 700 to fix it I don't have . My husband's brother in law was found dead in woods on Saturday  and my brothers wife just went on hospice. Not a good year for me . Need me some time in the  woods 

I'm sorry cynthia, I hate the cliche saying that when it rains it pours, but it often holds true. For me, the woods therapy is helpful, so I hope it is for you too. Stay safe and prayers sent.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Sorry to hear, Cynthia.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Hope things get better.

• Thanks 1

Cynthia you may be having a rough patch of luck but it is a testament to you that a bunch of other hunters can say you gave them a bunch of good luck this season!

I hope you get some woods time and maybe even a crack at a nice deer! Thoughts and prayers....

• Thanks 1

I'm so sorry to read this Cynthia. Stay strong and hope things get better soon for you guys. Let me know if there's any way we can help

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Very sorry to hear Cynthiafu Prayers sent.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Sorry for your loss. I hope things get better for you soon.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Nothing better than some woods therapy @cynthiafu. Sorry to hear all the bad news recently, condolences to you and your family. Things will turn around for you, stay positive 

• Thanks 1

Sat out there in the woods for about 3 hours didnt care if I saw anything . I most likely would not of even shot at anything . Just needed that time . Thank you all for the kind words . And if the hunters are on here that found my brother in law . I want to thank them from the bottom  of my heart. They could of just walked away and never said anything but they didnt . 

• Like 16

I was going to go back out this morning, but am not feeling well. I was tired and achy yesterday evening, and woke up with a sore throat this morning. So I killed the 4:30 a.m. alarm and slept till 8:00. Upon waking, my wife looks over at me this morning and says "You know, those deer aren't going to shoot themselves." I then proceeded to get zero marital sympathy for not feeling well. Well, I still have a few days left . . . .

well I got down around 9:20 so I could get to the office on time for a meeting. I have good gear and definitely put it to its limits this morning. Another hour and I would not have been comfortable. Was a beautiful morning, birds and squirrels were out, but no deer. Still time well spent in my book.

What I really have to laugh at is heading to work around 11 and driving south on five-mile road in webster and as I approach plank (right near Bauman's farm) a smaller 8 comes sprinting out of the christmas tree farm lol. I watched him cross and continue on into the woods. You just have to laugh sometimes. 

17 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Sat out there in the woods for about 3 hours didnt care if I saw anything . I most likely would not of even shot at anything . Just needed that time . Thank you all for the kind words . And if the hunters are on here that found my brother in law . I want to thank them from the bottom  of my heart. They could of just walked away and never said anything but they didnt . 

I had a day like this last year after my grandfather passed. It was a beautiful fall afternoon during archery. It was great for my soul and had I seen a deer, like you I'm not sure I would have had any interest in taking one.

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

After today I am off for 4 days for last push.  I am planning to sit all day tomorrow- packing a lunch and thermos to get some work done out there. Wind is right for the big buck stand on the cornfield.  

Good luck Rob - we're pulling for you. Rob's week of redemption!

• Thanks 1