LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Ready to miss with the yote rig.   All sighted in.  Weighs less than 7lbs unloaded.   Tribute to Stormy.   One shot zeroing where you aim at handwarmer, shoot them aim at warmer again and freeze frame and move crosshairs to first shot.  Worked well.  I shot a few extra but 7 shots total and last 3 destroyed warmer at 100.  So when I miss it will be @TreeGuy ‘s fault not my equipment.    Love this AR.   My favorite.   

9CC0F86E-81AD-413F-B24A-FA91BF2DE933.jpeg

What caliber?

Wow this afternoon has been crazy! Got set up around 230 and had a nice but busted up buck come by within minutes. Ended up having three more bucks cruise by in the next 15 minutes and shot a really nice 8 or 9 pointer. I shot him quartering away and his opposite side leg was broken when he was running away so I thought I smoked him. Ended up jumping him about 80 yards onto the blood trail. Looked pretty hurt but couldn’t get a shot. Not sure if I was high or what but I must not have double lunged. Going to back out for a while and hope rain doesn’t wash blood away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Wow this afternoon has been crazy! Got set up around 230 and had a nice but busted up buck come by within minutes. Ended up having three more bucks cruise by in the next 15 minutes and shot a really nice 8 or 9 pointer. I shot him quartering away and his opposite side leg was broken when he was running away so I thought I smoked him. Ended up jumping him about 80 yards onto the blood trail. Looked pretty hurt but couldn’t get a shot. Not sure if I was high or what but I must not have double lunged. Going to back out for a while and hope rain doesn’t wash blood away

Busted leg and hurt.  I would be pushing it if you have the room.  Good luck.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Not on my property unfortunately. I have permission to track but the neighbor is a big hippy and doesn’t allow hunting

Sucks but broken leg and shot probably ain’t going far.  Hope you find him

• Like 2

I went out today for the first time with the muzzleloader.  Slow walk in the light rain. Stopped at one of my food plots and stood inside some thick brush for last 20 minutes.  Finally saw two deer on my walk back up the hill.  I was within 40 yards but with no shot, and after legal to boot.  At least I saw a deer! 

I did hunt last weekend at my cousins hunting camp, we did two drives and an afternoon sit.  Nothing.  Hope to get out Sunday, and I might take off Monday morning.   Tomorrow is in-laws family holiday party and my great aunts 95th birthday party.  Time is running out! 

• Like 3

I need some good juju ladies and gentlemen. Popped in my gifted fireball at 3:25. At 3:45 I see a busted up buck I passed on earlier in the season coming down the trail I walked in. He doesn’t like the Evercalm and freezes up. Not two minutes later I catch more movement and it’s a good buck...I have no idea how many points cause once I know he’s good i stop looking! He likes the Evercalm and comes my way after I hit the grunt. I draw when he’s behind some brush at 10 yards - hard quartering to- hoping he gives me the shot. At 7 he turns away a bit offering a good look and FULL SEND! Shot looks good, tucked behind front right shoulder and trots off leaking. I watch him stumble around 100 yards away and lay down in thick crap. The busted buck follows him (as does another buck?!?) and they are watching him just lay there. I stay until dark(as do they) and quietly back out. Quick look at hit sight showed wet leaves and no arrow(pretty sure i saw it fall out on the trail he took to bed down)Hoping he’s where I left him when I return around 7....
Did I mention it started raining pretty good after the shot- F Me! Don’t beat me up too bad about hunting in rain as I am pretty hard on myself about that already if he’s not there.
Thoughts? I can’t wait until morning as we have family engagements in NJ so an early depart time is firm.

• Like 14

I spent the last 1.5 hours of daylight in the "scout-blind", but the scout did not show.   I will give him one more chance Monday afternoon (if I still have my buck tag by then).  This was about the best afternoon of the season from a weather standpoint, very light winds, no rain, nice soft silent snow, but no deer.   

Sat 10:15 till dark. Good activity today but no bucks. At 2:05 group of 4, 2 doe with 2 fawns, at about 65yds. They meandered off. Then at about 4:10 group of 4 came back down, most likely same 4 as earlier and they were followed by a group of 5 does with fawns. Was hoping one of the trailers would have been a buck but no luck. 

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I need some good juju ladies and gentlemen. Popped in my gifted fireball at 3:25. At 3:45 I see a busted up buck I passed on earlier in the season coming down the trail I walked in. He doesn’t like the Evercalm and freezes up. Not two minutes later I catch more movement and it’s a good buck...I have no idea how many points cause once I know he’s good i stop looking! He likes the Evercalm and comes my way after I hit the grunt. I draw when he’s behind some brush at 10 yards - hard quartering to- hoping he gives me the shot. At 7 he turns away a bit offering a good look and FULL SEND! Shot looks good, tucked behind front right shoulder and trots off leaking. I watch him stumble around 100 yards away and lay down in thick crap. The busted buck follows him (as does another buck?!?) and they are watching him just lay there. I stay until dark(as do they) and quietly back out. Quick look at hit sight showed wet leaves and no arrow(pretty sure i saw it fall out on the trail he took to bed down)Hoping he’s where I left him when I return around 7....
Did I mention it started raining pretty good after the shot- F Me! Don’t beat me up too bad about hunting in rain as I am pretty hard on myself about that already if he’s not there.
Thoughts? I can’t wait until morning as we have family engagements in NJ so an early depart time is firm.

Get on the horn to Biz, The Jerkman, and all the other folks down that way, get some bright flashlights, and do a grid search.

• Like 4