LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Tonight is a night I'll never forget.  I have been hunting quite a bit with my 4 yr old son this year from a elevated blind. We have had a great year and usually see deer every sit. Tonight 3 deer came in very skittish and ran off three different times. As I saw them I initially  put the ear muffs on my son. Taking the shot took a good 15 -20 minutes as they were appearing and disappearing. Finally I squeeze the trigger and see the doe run off. I look to see my sons reaction , as I have waited for this day for years.... Hes legit asleep! I woke him up and he tracked the doe and was all smiles. What a fun day.

154 yards- my farthest with a muzzleloader 

20191213_163847.jpg

20191213_164854.jpg

20191213_170106.jpg

Edited by NockednLoaded
  • Like 40

9 minutes ago, NockednLoaded said:

Tonight is a night I'll never forget.  I have been hunting quite a bit with my 4 yr old son this year from a elevated blind. We have had a great year and usually see deer every sit. Tonight 3 deer came in very skittish and ran off three different times. As I saw them I initially  put the ear muffs on my son. Taking the shot took a good 15 -20 minutes as they were appearing and disappearing. Finally I squeeze the trigger and see the doe run off. I look to see my sons reaction , as I have waited for this day for years.... Hes legit asleep! I woke him up and he tracked the doe and was all smiles. What a fun day.

20191213_163847.jpg

20191213_164854.jpg

20191213_170106.jpg

Simply awesome!!!

• Like 2

Any HornHunter updates? Let’s see this monster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not good. Went back in and had a hard time finding more blood. The creek bottom he’s in is a legit jungle and was tough to get my bearings in the dark. My buddy thinks I hit him low and he’ll survive to see another day. The shot was pretty close, felt good and his reaction looked right but I guess you never know. I’ve only failed to retrieve one deer I’ve shot and that was the first deer I ever shot so pretty tore up over this. I’ll be back out tomorrow AM to try and get back on blood or do a body search if I can’t get on it. Not feeling optimistic but I’m going to give it everything I have before I give up

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Congratz on all the harvests!! I should have one to add but I will admit I whiffed! I was in the tower and had 4 flats come across behind the tower. They were out over 100 and on the neighbors side so I was waiting for them to make it on my side. I thought I had a good lane when they finally got on my side at about 90 and when the smoke cleared I got down expecting to see one piled up. Got over and no hair, blood or deer. Tracked them for a good bit in the snow and nada. Not sure what happened but I may take the other ML in the am until I get a chance to check the zero on the Triumph.

20191213_163847.thumb.jpg.f6fc7831a4089eac01b81434efdc6a6e.jpg
20191213_164854.thumb.jpg.722a3d2ab4ce1975f5d363de69554543.jpg
20191213_170106.thumb.jpg.0fde08f163e25fcc4bd88afbe7ddd93c.jpg

What an amazing hunt! Love the sleeping picture, not that you need it- that image will be burned in your mind!!!!

• Like 1

Awesome!  Did we reach [mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention] 1000" quota despite my 0 inch contribution?

If they didn’t deny my application to The Academy they would be winners right now. However, application denied so they ain’t winners which makes them.......

• Like 3

If they didn’t deny my application to The Academy they would be winners right now. However, application denied so they ain’t winners which makes them.......

Careful,
Or we will post the comments from your references.
Let’s just let sleeping dogs lie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, NockednLoaded said:

20191213_163847.jpg

20191213_164854.jpg

20191213_170106.jpg

That’s just awesome right there, I remember when my kids were little.  I was just amazed what they could sleep through . 

• Like 1