LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Looks good. You may have a sweet spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so, it’s funny he has let us hunt it in the past and I completely forgot I left a trail cam out there, this is a pic from I believe last November that was on that cam 2da80e409e5c6e26b01f98e8d2aba4e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Boot fail.. the creek is flooded so I had to Wade through higher water than I anticipated. Not sure if it went over the top, or through the boots, but I took on water. Tried to load a video of me pouring the water out of my boots but it wouldn't load. Hope my buddy gets one. I put him in the best stand for these conditions. 

Edited by Bolt action
  • Like 3

So, the story behind the kill. I was walking along a creek when I crossed a single, large set of tracks heading west. I didn’t want to try and follow through the very thick brush so I looped around the brush lot and got in a tree stand on the other end of the brush by the corn field. Fifteen minutes later I spied him sneaking very slowly thru the brush. Ten minutes after that he had covered the last fifteen yards to reach the open hedgerow. At the shot he reared up on his hind legs, shook a few times and fell over dead. No track heart shot! He’s now hanging in my barn. A decent six point with nice long main beam. 

8B868A6A-3884-4724-9F9B-BD4586C2FED5.jpeg

• Like 40