LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Just now, Robhuntandfish said:

Quiet walk in. Not a fresh track to be seen.  Hope that just means they are on the way .  Sit for a few hours then go still hunt the little spot I saw buck on fri.  Then sit til dark. Somewhere in there a deer could show up.  

Fingers crossed for you. Hope to see pics later. 

• Like 1

Quiet walk in. Not a fresh track to be seen.  Hope that just means they are on the way .  Sit for a few hours then go still hunt the little spot I saw buck on fri.  Then sit til dark. Somewhere in there a deer could show up.  

Git R Done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zem18 said:

Kids lunches are made along with mine and my buddy is dropping his son off at school and we are hitting the Honey Hole for an all day extravaganza!! Hoping for a double!! Let get it done all who are out this morning and #sendit

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I just wanted to confirm that the Honey Hole is not a strip club. The capital letters had me suspicious.

• Like 5

Shoot me a text when you tip one over before posting on the forum. I want to predict it like Biz does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Billdogge said:

Got it done tonight. BARNES to the neck dropped him where he stood. Congrats to everyone getting late season deer. Finish strong. 

25B98957-8E69-4037-A116-485061074EF8.jpeg

Congratulations my friend!!! Nice late season buck!! Way to get it done!!!

Right after the holidays, I really need to buy you that cup of coffee!!!

Any sign of the monster I saw down your way???

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Well. Biz was right, again. Not sure how he does it !

Dad scored at the farm tonight. Can't even describe the emotions knowing he had my son with him, and I can't even imagine how he is/ was feeling. My son was all about it. He wanted to call me right away, and I couldn't control myself hearing him tell me "buck down daddy" Quickly threw some snow gear on my daughter and off we went, full recovery mode. I could write a novel on the details, but just enjoy a few pics. What a night !!ffd4dcd1eb29ec2a7ba8faa98afcd049.jpg1bd52da61fab5c75274004c77d3834df.jpg28562ffe009a5faeb3bc6a960f270fcc.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

This is what it's all about! These pictures tell the story very nicely. On so many levels, this, and the memories made is just awesome!

Congratulations to your Dad and your little man Andrew.

I just wanted to confirm that the Honey Hole is not a strip club. The capital letters had me suspicious.
Well if it is, venison is on the menu. Was a crazy walk in. Bumped three Deer, one which was a nice buck. Took a few more steps and the buck came back out feeding in front of me at 40 yds but no shot as he was facing head on. He was a medium 6 or small 8. I moved a little and he took off. Slowly started walking to my spot and some more deer. There were three doe crossing in front of me and I sent it and missed but it was right at about 100yds. My buddy then texts me and says he has two bucks sparring in front of him at a hundred yards. One minute later I hear boom. I get a text and it reads two bucks came up only one is heading back your way. Small scrub 6pt was the closest. Now to put some meat in my freezer.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I just finished cleaning my MZ. Now i am waiting for it to cool down again outside,then i will put the fresh powder and sabot in and head out. The powder i had in there for 5 weeks looked just fine,i could have went with that but wanted to make sure the gun goes boom when/if I squeeze the trigger.

Everyone wave at the Amish manure spreader behind me.

He came thru so took a quick walk saw a couple sets of last night tracks going into neighbors bedding area.   But no deer.  So back in corn field to finish out good or bad.  Thanks for all the luck wishes guys.  Sure is better than work either way.  So quiet and still sure feels deery. 

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Congratulations my friend!!! Nice late season buck!! Way to get it done!!!

Right after the holidays, I really need to buy you that cup of coffee!!!

Any sign of the monster I saw down your way???

Yes we do need to get that coffee!

No sign of him. I'm always looking. I'll pull my card in a few weeks and see if he's been through but not much action out back. Once the state land calms down they'll be back through.

• Like 1

I'm on my out for my last sit of the year, in my tower  over my clover plot...

The deer  are working the acorns heavy on my oak flat, much more than the clover BUT  the heated, enclosed stand is on the CLOVER field, so it's clover or nothing.....

• Like 5