LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

2 minutes ago, Otto said:

Headed out now for a slow walk and sit along the way.  I can’t still hunt, I suck at it. So slow walk it is.  

Same here, I dont even pretend I can still hunt. One thing I do is spot a tree ahead, get there as slow and quietly as you can and stay for a set number of minutes. Then pick your next one and do the same. Into the wind

I'm on my out for my last sit of the year, in my tower  over my clover plot...
The deer  are working the acorns heavy on my oak flat, much more than the clover BUT  the heated, enclosed stand is on the CLOVER field, so it's clover or nothing.....

My acorn flat too? I just got back into my same morning spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its prediction time [mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention]...
How many deer are added to the harvest threads between now and sunset tomorrow?
Respectfully, do no include your own harvest in the prediction.  

Maybe 3?I haven’t checked the weather across the state. I know down by me they saying 3-5” and ice tomorrow so that might keep some people on the couch.

Its prediction time [mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention]...
How many deer are added to the harvest threads between now and sunset tomorrow?
Respectfully, do no include your own harvest in the prediction.  
@Biz-R-OWorld got another deer? Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sat till 10 this morn then met up with BIL and did a couple of pushes. Snow crunchy so still hunting out. Only put up one wrong way. Now up in my tower for eve. Deer were moving all night here. Had deer on cam at 2 am, 5 am and 6 am. Now I wanna see 4pm!

• Like 3

I still hunted along my swamp edge and manged to walk up on two does,even though the snow underneath the fresh snow was crunchy. I went super slow,and as i crested a rise i saw a tail go down,not 40 yds from me. I froze and checked for more deer.  There were at least two,and i was trying to pick out the bigger one,had the wind in my face as predicted until it completely switched and blew towards them. That was the end of that encounter. About 1/2 hr later  i had move further along and saw a deer coming down the hill through dense brush. I thought there were two again,but i lost the one. The other came to 20 yds after a lot of zig zagging and turned out to be a fawn. Pass.

Not a bad day,but nothing to show for. Tomorrow i am getting together with a group of friends and we will do some drives,first time this year for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Otto said:

Headed out now for a slow walk and sit along the way.  I can’t still hunt, I suck at it. So slow walk it is.  

Nada today.  Snow was crunchy and loud underneath a nice fluffy layer on top.  I did find some nice fresh track and followed it for a while.   I think I am bumping them way ahead of me and I am not even seeing them at all.

Tomorrow should be windy and snowy.  Any suggestions on how to hunt the last four hours of the season?  I need a Hail Mary play called from the sidelines! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Otto said:

Nada today.  Snow was crunchy and loud underneath a nice fluffy layer on top.  I did find some nice fresh track and followed it for a while.   I think I am bumping them way ahead of me and I am not even seeing them at all.

Tomorrow should be windy and snowy.  Any suggestions on how to hunt the last four hours of the season?  I need a Hail Mary play called from the sidelines! 

I dont know where you hunt otto,but use the terrain to your advantage. Hide inside a draw and pop over the edge with just your head and scan for a long time. Same with a ridge. Zig zag from one side to the other so you come out 100 to 200 yds from the last spot where you scanned the area below.

• Like 1

Well my season is most likely over today due to weather  conditions  tomorrow.  But not a bad season I didnt get any deer but I had alot of fun time in the woods . Did get a little mad today .on way out of Stewart at 430 the field on the right here stands an 8 pointer close to the road walked away into the middle of the field  with 6 does .acted like he had no more reasons to be scared . See you next year buddy .

• Like 7
  • Sad 1