LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Did not see any deer today. However, I did get to meet Niagara county DEC ECO Matthis. He stopped by just as we were finishing getting dressed by our trucks. Nice guy. We chit chatted for a bit, then he asked to see licenses, muzzleloader tags and that our muzzleloaders were not loaded. No issues. I have the suspicion he was bored and lucked out when he saw some hunters at 1:00 p.m. on a Monday. Whatever. I am glad I got the chance to meet him.

• Like 1

I could use a little Biz prediction for tomorrow, I'm going to give it 1 last try, going to G-man's in the morning. I haven't be there in a couple of years! 

Sure, not a problem. You’ll see a small buck and 3 does/fawns. Shooting is up to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did not see any deer today. However, I did get to meet Niagara county DEC ECO Matthis. He stopped by just as we were finishing getting dressed by our trucks. Nice guy. We chit chatted for a bit, then he asked to see licenses, muzzleloader tags and that our muzzleloaders were not loaded. No issues. I have the suspicion he was bored and lucked out when he saw some hunters at 1:00 p.m. on a Monday. Whatever. I am glad I got the chance to meet him.

Wow, I’ve never been checked while hunting except for waterfowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, goosifer said:

Not loaded as in the cap was not in or no load in the barrel? 

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Wow, I’ve never been checked while hunting except for waterfowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I get checked fairly often , perhaps 8 or so times out of the 30 plus years I’ve hunted my spot , last year right after I loaded my buck . He never asked to,see anything , you could see the buck was tagged, good enough I guess .

He was more interested in trading info on the area ,with myself and the guy who lives by my spot and who’s family owns a lot of land there .

• Like 1

Bought my first ever hang on stand and sticks. Got tired of be soaked with sweat after ascending with my climber. Hoping this helps. Going to hang it above a ridge with a well used trail this Thursday. I have only been to this spot twice this year and saw a few both times. 1 medium 8 and 9 doe total first time, 1 nicer 8 and 8 doe the second. Pretty excited.

Any advise? Should I wait to hunt it until the weekend or bring my bow with me and hunt it as soon as its up? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Bought my first ever hang on stand and sticks. Got tired of be soaked with sweat after ascending with my climber. Hoping this helps. Going to hang it above a ridge with a well used trail this Thursday. I have only been to this spot twice this year and saw a few both times. 1 medium 8 and 9 doe total first time, 1 nicer 8 and 8 doe the second. Pretty excited.

Any advise? Should I wait to hunt it until the weekend or bring my bow with me and hunt it as soon as its up? 

Hang and hunt!  First hunt is your best shot.

• Like 2

Hang and hunt..:good luck- just wondering why the climber would be more taxing(soaked in sweat) than climbing with sticks and a hang on?

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

Hang and hunt..:good luck- just wondering why the climber would be more taxing(soaked in sweat) than climbing with sticks and a hang on?

Thanks for the advise. O man, now you got me nervous. It turns out that after climbing I am soaked, then freezing about an hour later. Was hoping (that's the operative word) that climbing the sticks would cause me to exert less effort, thereby keeping my drier and ultimately warmer. Love my ladder stand for that reason. It is so easy to get up and down, just not high enough. 

25 and snowing. Been fighting of some head throat crud. I’m in the heated tower staying warm. Maybe get lucky and catch one moving with the snow.
Put my Bil in the spot I shot my 8pt last night. He saw 3 and missed a doe. I might sit there for the last watch of 2019.