LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Heading out to the peninsula my buddy shot the 178” beast on. There’s been a stud ten pointer and a big seven bedding down there so I’m setting up where the cover pinches down and my buddy is on the opposite side where it funnels down to a oak ridge. Here’s to hoping for some last minute action... good luck to everyone out there! It’s been a blast following this forum and interaction with you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Live from the DEC...
Hope this helps somebody

Hunting and Trapping Newsletter

January Deer Hunting Opportunity in Central New York

From January 11-31, 2020, there will be an antlerless deer season open in the Deer Management Focus Area (DMFA) in Tompkins County. To participate, hunters must register with the DMFA Program and download a permit, carcass tags and a hunting activity log from the DMFA web page. Registered hunters may take up to two antlerless deer per day using any hunting implement that is legal during any other deer season at the site where they are hunting.

The 60,000-acre DMFA was created in 2012 to help communities in the Ithaca area address problems caused by deer overabundance. It allows harvest of up to two antlerless deer per day throughout all the general deer hunting seasons, in addition to the January DMFA season. Hunters must carry a DMFA permit and DMFA carcass tags while they are hunting during the January season. They must also record their DMFA deer hunting activity and harvests on their hunting activity log and submit it to DEC by February 7. Additional information, including DMFA boundary descriptions and a printable map, is available on the DEC website.

Firearms Deer Season in Suffolk County, Long Island

The regular bowhunting deer season in Suffolk County runs through January 31. The 2020 firearms deer season in Suffolk County will run January 5 through January 31, including weekends. Town permits are now only required in the towns of Babylon, Huntington, Southampton, Islip, and Smithtown.

For those who missed the lottery to hunt for deer on DEC-managed lands during the firearms season, we will take reservations for unclaimed spots between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on December 20-24 and 26-31 and between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on weekdays January 5-31. Hunters may only make one reservation. For more information on reservation procedures and to see which DEC-managed lands are available for firearms deer hunting, please visit our website.

For regulations, places to hunt, and additional information, please visit DEC's Hunting on Long Island web page, or contact the DEC Region 1 Wildlife Office at (631) 444-0310.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My view this morning.  And that’s a wrap on my 2019 season. First archery doe , first archery buck and first rifle deer.   Costanzas called.  Work all day tomorrow so picking up today as need to pick up 2 days within call.  Good luck everyone! 
F82DB394-7825-4C99-BE12-A497F537B472.thumb.jpeg.741e3474d5e9fd4d53291b7d96c74c66.jpeg
Drive safe....seems to be crappy from here to Rochester.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Just took the puppy for a walk in Braddock Bay, the Rose Marsh unit. Came within 40 feet of a big coyote. My dog took off after it. Probably thought it was another dog and wanted to play. Fortunately the coyote didn't want to play and disappeared into the brush. That was a little too close for my comfort..

IMG_20191217_140349773_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Little jealous of all you that could make it out for the last day. Cant wait to see who knocks down the last deer. 

last of ML season? because 3S ends 12/31 and Long Island ends 1/31. This thread should stay hot for another 6 weeks!!

1 minute ago, Moho81 said:

Yeah but you won’t do it!!!

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!

as of now, I'll be out there next weekend on stateland in 3S. Given that it is late season and stateland, I will shoot any legal BUCK with the bow. #Fromtheground

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Nice! I haven't been out in years. Every year I say I need to get back into it, but never do. 

I feel like a I learned enough from treeguy last year to give it a go on my own.  I am sure there will be a continued learning curve but as excited for the dogs as I was for deer season.

• Like 2