LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

18 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I feel like a I learned enough from treeguy last year to give it a go on my own.  I am sure there will be a continued learning curve but as excited for the dogs as I was for deer season.

Did he give you any tips for hitting coyotes?  Kidding.  Good luck Moog.  Knock 'em dead.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advise. O man, now you got me nervous. It turns out that after climbing I am soaked, then freezing about an hour later. Was hoping (that's the operative word) that climbing the sticks would cause me to exert less effort, thereby keeping my drier and ultimately warmer. Love my ladder stand for that reason. It is so easy to get up and down, just not high enough. 

It's 100 times easier once it's in place, you're going to be very happy

I did get out this afternoon for a last run at it. I bumped a doe early and had no shot unfortunately. I was within 30 yards of it when she took off. I found her bed, looks like she was there all day.
No deer this season for me, but I had a lot of great hunts and close encounters. I certainly learned a lot and have a long list of property improvements in mind. e0e63595f4579a72fd0dc5d860378033.jpg91592660b9e8de4b6e1aa45aa97cdda6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Nice! I haven't been out in years. Every year I say I need to get back into it, but never do. 

Me and a few friends do the Sullivan county coyote contest if you wanna join. Hunting is not limited to Sullivan county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did some pushes with some guys today. We moved some deer but nobody got any. I shot my second coyote of the year on one drive. This has been my worst hunting season as far as sightings go in really long time. I had good bucks on camera all season just couldn't get one in front of me.

I don't own a muzzleloader so I pick the times I can bow hunt based on the weather. I hunted Friday the 13th, skipped Saturday because of the rain, and Sunday because of the wind. I hunted Monday afternoon and got out today with a fresh 6" of snow on the ground. I didn't see a single track on the way in, sat til dark in an area that has been known to be a travel route over the years. Didn't see a thing but did cut a couple of small fresh tracks on the way out.

This is been probably my worst year ever for a number of reasons and I can honestly say I am glad it is over.

The season totals for bow were 32 sits/ 42 hours and gun was 28 sits/ 68 hours.

IMG_20191217_150542.jpg

IMG_20191217_150441.jpg

IMG_20191217_150359.jpg

Climber and pack when I got back

IMG_20191217_175007.jpg

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 1

Just took the puppy for a walk in Braddock Bay, the Rose Marsh unit. Came within 40 feet of a big coyote. My dog took off after it. Probably thought it was another dog and wanted to play. Fortunately the coyote didn't want to play and disappeared into the brush. That was a little too close for my comfort..
IMG_20191217_140349773_HDR.thumb.jpg.f3ab4f6c8047b06d2486ebb0bdda020a.jpg
Nice looking dog, I prefer fluorescent green or orange on them to stand out though

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk