LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

I only got out for one sit in the last 2 weeks. I ended up taking an 8pt and 2 doe so I'm pretty happy with that!

I did get permission from my neighbor to hunt his small field 2 doors down from my house. Its a spot that will give me some chances at some really nice bucks. Being a tight space with boundary's I'll set it up for crossbow hunts during the rut and will be an absolutely awesome buck spot!!

Now it's on to habitat work as much as possible for the next couple months and hopefully make hunting even better next yr. Congrats to everyone who punched a tag. It's always fun following along with everyone as they hunt!

• Like 2

Well, didn't punch any tags this year. Went out tonight with the xbow....Heard the first shot of the evening at 4:41 and the last shot at 5:04.. With about 6 or 7 shots total... Lol.. No comment.

Only saw 2 year old bucks during gun and the 2 chances i had at mature does i was busted... An off year for sure but one property I hunt this was my 2nd year there, and another it was my 3rd year there, and I'm the only one with permission at both places.. Should be wall hangers next year. Cousin and friend are donating some meat lol... Congrats to all....

20191217_183845.jpg

Edited by JRod 8G8H

9 minutes ago, JRod 8G8H said:

Well, didn't punch any tags this year. Went out tonight with the xbow....Heard the first shot of the evening at 4:41 and the last shot at 5:04.. With about 6 or 7 shots total... Lol.. No comment.

Only saw 2 year old bucks during gun and the 2 chances i had at mature does i was busted... An off year for sure but one property I hunt this was my 2nd year there, and another it was my 3rd year there, and I'm the only one with permission at both places.. Should be wall hangers next year. Cousin and friend are donating some meat lol... Congrats to all....

20191217_183845.jpg

It would be unusual NOT to hear a few shots on the last evening of ML season....People unloading their guns....Those mud dozers make a little more noise than your crossbow..

• Like 1

Just now, Pygmy said:

It would be unusual NOT to hear a few shots on the last evening of ML season....People unloading their guns....Those mud dozers make a little more noise than your crossbow..

Couple guys i could tell reloaded.. There's only 2 or 3 guys hunting on my road but several shots after legal light... I do have a muzzleloader but i was out with my xbow out of respect for the neighbors as I'm on only 5 acres....

5 minutes ago, JRod 8G8H said:

Couple guys i could tell reloaded.. There's only 2 or 3 guys hunting on my road but several shots after legal light... I do have a muzzleloader but i was out with my xbow out of respect for the neighbors as I'm on only 5 acres....

Okay, Partner....It's your road..I was just saying that hearing gunshots after legal shooting time  on the last evening of MZ  ANYWHERE  is not unusual nor necessarily suspicious... Are you related growalot, by any chance  ?

• Haha 1

Jumped a small buck and a doe tonight. Cut a decent track with about 15 minutes left of legal light but couldn’t catch up with it. Saw the same track go across my tracks from earlier on my way out so I guess he must have circled around and got behind me. Good season, no complaints from me. Best season yet in terms of mature buck encounters... I got one during bow and should have killed two during gun but scope was knocked off for one and the other I think I hit low and lost blood in the rain... but that’s why they call it hunting. Now onto ducks, geese, predators, and late season muzzleloader in Ohio in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know several guys that think last night of muzzleloader is a free night to shoot as late as they want because they can just say they were unloading

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

I know several guys that think last night of muzzleloader is a free night to shoot as late as they want because they can just say they were unloading

Not being of a larcenous nature, I never thought of that, Horny....However I would suspect that those same hunters might take a late shot at a big buck EARLIER in the season also, if they had the chance...

• Like 2

Not being of a larcenous nature, I never thought of that, Horny....However I would suspect that those same hunters might take a late shot at a big buck EARLIER in the season also, if they had the chance...

More than likely! Only thing different about tonight is they think they can get away with it

42 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

i know guys that do that all season. 

Me and a few friends do the Sullivan county coyote contest if you wanna join. Hunting is not limited to Sullivan county

Probaly not this year with the Jan 25 due date, but thanks!

• Like 2

Okay, Partner....It's your road..I was just saying that hearing gunshots after legal shooting time  on the last evening of MZ  ANYWHERE  is not unusual nor necessarily suspicious... Are you related growalot, by any chance  ?

We unloaded at midday when we were done, hung a target and worst shot bought lunch. You’re welcome@turkeyfeathers and@sodfather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2