LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

On 12/20/2019 at 4:23 PM, OtiscoPaul said:

Thanks again for your concern.

I have several hobe kayaks and various paddle boards a windsurfer an aluminum row boat and 17.5 fishandski...

I live here I’m pretty comfortable with understanding my limitations and the conditions.

Me using the word duck in this thread is always met with some consternation so I will bid you all happy holidays see you in October!

i dont get it? I love duck and my comment was truly from a place of concern and not meant as an attack on your choice, I truly hope you understand none of us meant any ill will. If anything it's respect for what you did with a side of "be careful out there young fella" haha.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

shot 2 squirrels yesterday which is enough for squirrel wings, but after the gym and helping wrap presents I just didn't have the energy so they went into the freezer. I'll head out over the break and try and put 2 more into the pot and make a big meal. 

Lost shoulders on both from the hits, which is funny when you consider how much meat that is in relation to the whole animal haha.

I went and walked around our lease today trying to figure out where all the deer were hanging out since we saw very few during season. Come and find out the hill is covered in coyote tracks. Guess that's part of why we didn't see many. I didn't find any kill sites but I've never seen so many tracks, crazy. Guess were going dog hunting. 

• Like 1

86310bc858b5dc7f272ed911e1ee5a7a.jpg

efac732a633aea29fad12df72401486f.jpg

Was going to go for one last chance at deer but this guy wanted to tag along for his first hunt for I switch up to squirrels. His constant chatter scared everything away but I take it as an investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 26

3S-looking for a doe.
Kicked 2 doe on walk in- tried to circle them no luck. Walked down to spot I killed the two this year trying to find a spot a little deeper and see a good buck with two doe walking lower trail— I turn them around and sprint back to my tree hoping they loop around on this level now...desperate times call for long shot moves...

• Like 3

3S-looking for a doe.
Kicked 2 doe on walk in- tried to circle them no luck. Walked down to spot I killed the two this year trying to find a spot a little deeper and see a good buck with two doe walking lower trail— I turn them around and sprint back to my tree hoping they loop around on this level now...desperate times call for long shot moves...

2fb13ba161926dc297c09a22a16784db.jpg

Odd reaction.. walked off and stood for 5 minutes 60 yards away... then walked out of sight. Shot may have Been a bit back as she was walking on shot. No gut smell...gonna leave her in case it’s liver

• Like 12

2fb13ba161926dc297c09a22a16784db.jpg&key=c2994275e215caec277ce3679ea063b2e8117059649dbde75ecf9ae09fc48f6e

Odd reaction.. walked off and stood for 5 minutes 60 yards away... then walked out of sight. Shot may have Been a bit back as she was walking on shot. No gut smell...gonna leave her in case it’s liver

Nice good luck!

I saw 19 turkeys, 5 new treestands, endless amounts of scent wicks/cans. 1 dead head spike, and then a live deer. I tried to circle around it but couldn’t find it a second time.

8008cc1c401ee2cb61f4c5bff5314722.png

• Like 4

2fb13ba161926dc297c09a22a16784db.jpg&key=c2994275e215caec277ce3679ea063b2e8117059649dbde75ecf9ae09fc48f6e

Blood looks dark. Was it slimy? I’d guess liver with no gut smell and that much blood and that reaction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Atta boy crappy!!!!!Had almost the same thing happen this year with my bow buck.he bound off prob 60 or so yards after shot and just stood there,then slowly walked off.ended up being back a few inches and centerpunched liver and clipped 1 lung.

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

I miss seeing this!  That’s a good amount of blood... when you go back out I hope the trail leads right to her!  

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

Way to go!  That's a dead deer. Late late season action.  I miss hunting.