LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

So last friday I did some squirrel hunting. I hiked about 45 minutes and didn't see any of the thousand squirrels from deer season and decided to pop a squat near one of our stands. I'm wearing some camo, but no scent control or any real cares, just sitting there on the ground with my back to a tree when I see a deer coming out of the pines. Oh sweet I think. Now I realize it's not just any deer but a buck, and then realize he's a decent 2.5 year old. He eventually hits my scent cone at 15 yards broadside (it's kind of cool you can pinpoint the moment he hits the scent).
As some of you I never had a shooter in range in dozens of sits this year. Sometimes you just have to laugh and be happy he survived as he'll be a wall hanger next year  it's a cell video so might be easier to see launched in youtube. 

Perfect spot and stalk shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Belo said:

So last friday I did some squirrel hunting. I hiked about 45 minutes and didn't see any of the thousand squirrels from deer season and decided to pop a squat near one of our stands. I'm wearing some camo, but no scent control or any real cares, just sitting there on the ground with my back to a tree when I see a deer coming out of the pines. Oh sweet I think. Now I realize it's not just any deer but a buck, and then realize he's a decent 2.5 year old. He eventually hits my scent cone at 15 yards broadside (it's kind of cool you can pinpoint the moment he hits the scent).

As some of you I never had a shooter in range in dozens of sits this year. Sometimes you just have to laugh and be happy he survived as he'll be a wall hanger next year :) it's a cell video so might be easier to see launched in youtube. 

That is pretty awesome,you have some good intel for next year. 

Took the puppy out this morning to look around the property and get a few tree rats for dinner.. saw a rub that I didn't see during the season.. also saw two piles of corn in the middle of a cut soybean field.. wish I could get the guys on camera.. so in all a great morning for a walk.

IMG_20200101_092053348.jpg

IMG_20200101_083241065.jpg

On 12/31/2019 at 12:02 PM, Belo said:

As some of you I never had a shooter in range in dozens of sits this year. Sometimes you just have to laugh and be happy he survived as he'll be a wall hanger next year :) it's a cell video so might be easier to see launched in youtube. 

Scent sensitive for sure.  Lol

• Like 1

Took the puppy out this morning to look around the property and get a few tree rats for dinner.. saw a rub that I didn't see during the season.. also saw two piles of corn in the middle of a cut soybean field.. wish I could get the guys on camera.. so in all a great morning for a walk.
IMG_20200101_092053348.thumb.jpg.6d40dccf57bd93784f597be773a9daff.jpg
IMG_20200101_083241065.thumb.jpg.c23e096d55da36cce41b8ebf2fd73f8f.jpg

Wow, that’s messed up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shadd Rapp said:

On my way to Missouri for a late season muzzleloader hunt! I’ll try to post my experience after.

Awesome! About time we get some more out of state hunts to keep this forum alive. Good Luck

• Like 3

Yes. Monroe county. Late season closed before the end of the year. I was out on the last day of ml and, at the time, the beans were still standing. The corn would have been dropped after the close of the season. I have this problem every time the farmer plants beans. Next time, I'm going to put a few cameras on the access road hoping for a license plate. I have exclusive rights to hunt this property and it's well posted. In spite of that I have trespassers each year. 

4 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Yes. Monroe county. Late season closed before the end of the year. I was out on the last day of ml and, at the time, the beans were still standing. The corn would have been dropped after the close of the season. I have this problem every time the farmer plants beans. Next time, I'm going to put a few cameras on the access road hoping for a license plate. I have exclusive rights to hunt this property and it's well posted. In spite of that I have trespassers each year. 

Choot em, Which is Latin for buy them ice cream lol

Edited by squirrelwhisperer

3rd rut, I just saw a giant non typical chase a doe across my lawn as I was pulling in the driveway. Left side was a typical 5 the right side had a main beam that went straight up probably 24 inches and had kickers coming out all over it. Wish I got a pic. I tried... this was the first but I’ve seen in the road that I actually thought about punching my gas pedal.(obviously I would never actually do that)

• Like 6

Sunday says slight chance of rain with 15-20 wind. I remember when this forum BLEW UP with those exact conditions! Yup, I will be out there! Start out in the hang on from dark till about 930-10 then still hunt a bit. Possibly get back in the tree for the afternoon, arthritis depending...spousal arthritis that is lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1