LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Good thing I chose to hunt close to the clubhouse today. Just had to make an emergency pit stop. Unhooked from my harness left everything in the tree and away I went. Only missed 20 min of hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the FULL SEND I was hoping to read about from you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

815 got it done on a nice hen. They came in from the back of the field, which normally they dont. Big flock of hens and poults. Then they start leaving the field prior to making it to were im sitting which is also not normal...but i watched 1 hen that always had her head up while the others fed. She was my target bird. She was getting ready to walk into the tree line and into the woods, settled the old mossy 835 on her neck and shot. Flop! Paced off twice 65 yards! Shes in the freezer and we are on our way to work a youth football game.

20191019_082558.jpg

• Like 23

2 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

815 got it done on a nice hen. They came in from the back of the field, which normally they dont. Big flock of hens and poults. Then they start leaving the field prior to making it to were im sitting which is also not normal...but i watched 1 hen that always had her head up while the others fed. She was my target bird. She was getting ready to walk into the tree line and into the woods, settled the old mossy 835 on her neck and shot. Flop! Paced off twice 65 yards! Shes in the freezer and we are on our way to work a youth football game.

20191019_082558.jpg

Way to go !!!    limit on squirrels yesterday and a turkey today   you're on fire !

• Like 2

Saw nothing but a few turkeys in the distance and some chippies up really close. I had a feeling this a.m. was going to be a bust,and sadly i was right. Going to run some errands and then think about my afternoon approach. I did find a rubline,but have no clue what time of day that trail might be used. Looks like a good morning set up though.

Had a young buck chasing around a couple doe just after sunrise this morning for about a half hour. I'm guessing it was a yearling doe with her mother. First time I saw them I heard some russling then heard a grunt then another and here comes this doe full run right under my stand so I grab the bow and get ready. I can see a deer coming on the same path and sure enough it's a buck he was an average body size but I'm not sure if he's been busted off or what cause all I could see was his bases. Then I hear another grunt from behind him and think oh yeah here comes big brother but nope pretty sure it was the mother of the doe being chased because 5 min later the 2 doe come back 2 minutes later there's another grunt the little doe takes off the buck comes running up passes the big doe running after the little one then the big doe grunts and starts on the chase.

• Like 1

Saw nothing from the stand. On my way out, I glanced over my shoulder and saw the white buck that I've had on trail cams all summer staring at me from 15-20 yards! I pulled my phone out and took several pics, waved to him, and walked away. He just stood there watching me the whole time and never moved! LOL Damn, that would have been the perfect selfie opportunity with him in it! :fool:

20191019-094432.jpg

• Like 15

Well that was fun.  Nothing huge just a button buck.  But no deer in freezer last year and being on stateland i wasnt being picky.  But it happend fast ill post ehole story in harvest thread it was action packed. Also my first deer with a bow in 5 yrs.  Now time to wait for a decent buck or bigger doe.  

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 14

Ugh.

8:30 about 10 doe of varying sizes come under stand. Nice little column of them. I cannot get a shot. Just too many eyes.

A few minutes later I hear for the first time ever the sound of a fawn. Three deer come along, one of which is a fawn, and it makes its little fawn noises.

10 min or so later I see a doe and two fawn walking in the distance. Too far, walking away from me. For the first time ever I called a deer in. Using my flextone, I made the same quick fawn sounds. Just a few of them. The deer changed course, got to about 50 yards away and spent a good 45 minutes looking at my tree, blowing, running a few yards, jerking around in the brush, blowing, looking at me. Could not believe it never ran! Finally it walks off, I fawn again, then it repeats the same thing for a few min. Finally it starts to make its way to me! Very slowly, very cautiously, but it gets to 25 yards and presents broadside, but a stick is in the way so I don't draw. I think it's going to keep moving at me so I wait, while the two younger ones are directly under my tree eating and what not. Unfortunately one of the young ones finally gets wise to me, looks up, and after a few min of stamping around it blows and runs off and that's that.

So, still no deer! Interesting morning, though.

• Like 4

Did my first morning sit of the year today. Got in early and had several deer go by my stand but was too dark to see. Had two yearling bucks come by and then a super aggressive and busted up two or three year old cruised through several times. He made no less than four scrapes and I got some awesome video of one of them. He eventually strolled over to another bedding area a 1/4 mile away where my buddy was hunting. All in all decent morning, but I think the big boys are still getting back to bed before dark. Probably need another week or a good cold front to get them on their feet. Headed to a bean field tonight but not expecting much

bcc4bf95822722f4af9c3703daf7917f.jpg

• Like 1

Finally out in a tree for my first sit.  I am up at our cabin in the Adirondacks, and very happy to see the nice 9 pointer on cam from 2 yrs ago.  If its not him, he has a twin.  Have a bobcat on cam too, couple bear, and a fisher.  Good luck folks...

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Finally out in a tree for my first sit.  I am up at our cabin in the Adirondacks, and very happy to see the nice 9 pointer on cam from 2 yrs ago.  If its not him, he has a twin.  Have a bobcat on cam too, couple bear, and a fisher.  Good luck folks...

Atta boy!outta likes,good luck!

• Thanks 1