LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

29 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Why didn't she give it to you for Xmas? You'd have killed tons of deer by now. Should reconsider this marriage thing you got going on with her

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

She was a trailblazer. She knew gun hunters don't use tree stands and soon archers would follow. She was right. By 2030, treestands will be obsolete in NY like most of america.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

She was a trailblazer. She knew gun hunters don't use tree stands and soon archers would follow. She was right. By 2030, treestands will be obsolete in NY like most of america.
I disagree. She may be a trailblazer in some area. Not sure which since I've only spend a good 20 mins total at best talking with her. Probably closer to 5 so I can't form an opinion on her trailblazing but tree stands are only going to stay at least as popular if not more in 2030

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

I disagree. She may be a trailblazer in some area. Not sure which since I've only spend a good 20 mins total at best talking with her. Probably closer to 5 so I can't form an opinion on her trailblazing but tree stands are only going to stay at least as popular if not more in 2030

Nah. The younger generation doesn't hunt. You'll see. and the ones that do will want to go eye to eye

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Right on Biz!!!

It's us "real" hunters, that hunt from the ground!!!....................:pleasantry:

I have a Summit Viper that has not seen use in years. Very comfortable, and easy to use. The added straps make it easy to pack in too. Thought about selling it, but will save it for my grandson, who will be old enough next year to use it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That kid in the street with the hockey stick couldn't have said it better about treestands.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, grampy said:

Right on Biz!!!

It's us "real" hunters, that hunt from the ground!!!....................:pleasantry:

I have a Summit Viper that has not seen use in years. Very comfortable, and easy to use. The added straps make it easy to pack in too. Thought about selling it, but will save it for my grandson, who will be old enough next year to use it.

We got Moog hooked and soon the rest of New York will follow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

We got Moog hooked and soon the rest of New York will follow.

Cool experience, but I will hunt in whatever I manner I think will put me in the best position to kill what I am hunting.  Not ruling out ground hunting, but certainly not limiting myself either. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Cool experience, but I will hunt in whatever I manner I think will put me in the best position to kill what I am hunting.  Not ruling out ground hunting, but certainly not limiting myself either. 

In all honesty, I am the same exact way. Whatever is legal I am open to.

4 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Ok so who here uses a heated vest and what is the best one out there? I'm tired of freezing to death and it isn't even cold out yet

This was just covered in another thread ,Culver had some good info, I’ll look for it . That was easy. Seems very well liked , I may get one for my daughter .

https://www.pnumaoutdoors.com/shop-now/heated-core-vest-and-accessories/iconx-heated-core-vest?adw=PPC_Google_g_1595166404_61942092364&gclid=CjwKCAjw5_DsBRBPEiwAIEDRW2EF0UAJl5IVrCz6VvfAc-aEaKrzD8TKgXaTGSn1JtVi-FzLPr2vJxoCzu4QAvD_BwE

Edited by Nomad

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Ok so who here uses a heated vest and what is the best one out there? I'm tired of freezing to death and it isn't even cold out yet

I can't comment on heated vests but Under Armour cold gear base layers has worked wonders for me. I have 2.0 and 4.0. I hate the cold and I was fine in the 4.0 in -20 to -30 temps for 8 hours per day. I typically wear the 2.0 in NY hunting deer if temps are under 30. If it gets under 15 or so I go with the 4.0.

4 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

interested in the responses you get

I can't comment on heated vests but Under Armour cold gear base layers has worked wonders for me. I have 2.0 and 4.0. I hate the cold and I was fine in the 4.0 in -20 to -30 temps for 8 hours per day. I typically wear the 2.0 in NY hunting deer if temps are under 30. If it gets under 15 or so I go with the 4.0.
I've got a great base layer from Cabela's that is fantastic as long as I'm moving but sitting still I tend to get a bit chilly. Hopefully snag some baffins at an end of season sale for next year

22 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I have a Cabela's heated vest. I wear it over my base layer no matter the weather. To me, even when it is 50 degrees out, when you are sitting still for hours you can get a chill. I have 3 batteries for it. You need extra batteries for sure. It also allows me to dress less bulky....

Just now, chrisw said:

My good buddy who is a DEC officer confiscated a dandy 8pt this morning. Guy shot it from his vehicle last night with a 22mag. Neighbors blew him in.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Good to hear! wish they would impose a lifetime ban and massive fine for something like this.

• Like 6