LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Just now, squirrelwhisperer said:

Isn't that sick?!? Obviously it doesn't work very well either. 

Yup. I've seen pics of absolute giants. They got a real poaching problem with bucks and turkeys i heard. I never been to staten island personally.

3 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Ok so who here uses a heated vest and what is the best one out there? I'm tired of freezing to death and it isn't even cold out yet

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

my cousin just got one and while only low 40's she said it was a game changer. forget the brand. starts with a p i think. 

2 hours ago, chrisw said:

Agreed, the penalties are too light in NY.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Good to hear! wish they would impose a lifetime ban and massive fine for something like this.

could only get them doubled, because some legislators said it wouldn't pass otherwise. if someone gets caught again within 5 years the fines triple. all we got in 2017 and it took a lot to get that. really dependent on the local judge. they don't have to go with the minimum fines and they could be into the thousands if they're willing to send a message to the public about poaching.

• Like 3

Im in!!!! 3s- drizzling and squirrly wind. No saddle but summit climber, SI has a huge heroin problem to boot, ive never been to Sweeneys, im not cold enough for a heat vest and my vertical is 52” (bare in mind i thought the spike i shot was under 3” when ot was really just about 5”)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

4 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Ok so who here uses a heated vest and what is the best one out there? I'm tired of freezing to death and it isn't even cold out yet

No heated vest, just a down vest.  It's packable, inexpensive and very warm.  I put one in a compression bag and crush it down.  It would fit in the cargo pocket of my camo pants.  I wouldn't wear it as an outer layer, but for insulation it's hard to beat.

People who have so many issues with climbers must be doing something wrong. My 2 vipers pack up in less than 2 minutes, it nests tight, no noise, the seat is like a recliner in a tree. I bought the summit backpack straps and added a third hand bowholder. My pack straps to the nested climber and a carabiner attaches the backpack straps. I love my summits. They aren't as light as some other options but I can stay comfortable dark to dark. I'll take a bit of extra weight rather than sacrifice comfort with a saddle or hang on stand.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Agreed. I can be setup at height bow ready in literally 5-7 minutes, and that’s in the dark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Idk I like to be able to hang stuff from my climber. Can you do the same with a saddle setup? I ask because I honestly have no idea as these saddle things are pretty new

I'm hunting from a saddle this year.  I'm currently using sticks to climb.  While in the saddle, it's the most locked-in I've felt while elevated for drawing and shooting.  It provides me with a wide-range of angles and positions to shoot from without ever having to worry if I'm about to fall over a platform edge.  It's been the most comfortable "sit" (I can literally hang from the tree and nap against it), and it provides me with an easier and safer up and down than the LW climber I was using (I'm always attached to my "stand").  It provides me with way more tree options to climb and hang from.  Generally, it feels much more natural, offers more opportunities, and I can wear it in, and wear it out.

For hanging gear, I use a LW gear strap around the tree.  I hang my pack, my quiver, calls and my bow, and it's all right there in front of me.  Minimal movement to reach and ready. 

I'm with @Buckmaster7600 on the saddles.  I ain't going back to a climber.

Back to work sitting in a chair, though...

• Like 2

Dead zone above the lungs and below the spine.  I have seen then live when hit there, bow and rifle.  My buddy hit a buck in that area with a 30-06. It dropped and went out of sight.  Somebody shot it 12 days later chasing does 3/4 of a mile away.  Had an exit hole the size of a baseball just under the spine.  

Of course every deer and situation is different.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bhunterED said:

Where abouts did you live? I'm just off River and Kattelville Rd's. I've got a son that's a senior daughter in 10'th and a son in 7'th. I coached youth football and wrestling for a while also when my oldest was younger.

Off west Chenango road, in the area of green brothers. None do football or wrestling though. 

37 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Im in!!!! 3s- drizzling and squirrly wind. No saddle but summit climber, SI has a huge heroin problem to boot, ive never been to Sweeneys, im not cold enough for a heat vest and my vertical is 52” (bare in mind i thought the spike i shot was under 3” when ot was really just about 5”)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 bucks in 1 week, get it done!

12 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

He ain’t gonna score much, I doubt even over 100”. The 8 points I have on that hill will beat him. 

Yea. My guess looking at this picture would be 104 2/8" gross. I thought 108ish gross from the other angles the other day.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1