LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

I'm hunting from a saddle this year.  I'm currently using sticks to climb.  While in the saddle, it's the most locked-in I've felt while elevated for drawing and shooting.  It provides me with a wide-range of angles and positions to shoot from without ever having to worry if I'm about to fall over a platform edge.  It's been the most comfortable "sit" (I can literally hang from the tree and nap against it), and it provides me with an easier and safer up and down than the LW climber I was using (I'm always attached to my "stand").  It provides me with way more tree options to climb and hang from.  Generally, it feels much more natural, offers more opportunities, and I can wear it in, and wear it out.
For hanging gear, I use a LW gear strap around the tree.  I hang my pack, my quiver, calls and my bow, and it's all right there in front of me.  Minimal movement to reach and ready. 
I'm with [mention=4789]Buckmaster7600[/mention] on the saddles.  I ain't going back to a climber.
Back to work sitting in a chair, though...

When I seen the saddle at the Harrisburg outdoor show 4 or 5 years ago I said wow and bought it. Haven’t touched a climber since and there’s no way I ever will. I am old fashioned in a lot of ways but 3 things that I’ve started using in the last 10 years I would never be without.

Lighter knocks
Blackhorn 209 powder
Tree saddle

The 3 biggest game changers in hunting in the last 10-15 yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

right. below the spine. so i was thinking the "non-dead" zone between vitals and spine. i think we're saying the same thing or i'm confused 

No there’s no dead area above the lungs below the spine, if you’re under the spine and pass through you double lunged it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

No there’s no dead area above the lungs below the spine, if you’re under the spine and pass through you double lunged it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Correct .

EFF21BDC-33FB-4FD9-B782-266429C534BE.png

• Like 4

Nobody actually hunting tonight ?

I was in there - ever have one of those sits where you just weren’t feeling it? Me neither..until today! Not sure if it was the fog, rain, wind, choice of tree(not my favorite!) or the White Castle....it just felt wrong so i packed it in early. Saw doe and a fawn near my car which made the trip worth it for the intel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

When I seen the saddle at the Harrisburg outdoor show 4 or 5 years ago I said wow and bought it. Haven’t touched a climber since and there’s no way I ever will. I am old fashioned in a lot of ways but 3 things that I’ve started using in the last 10 years I would never be without.

Lighter knocks
Blackhorn 209 powder
Tree saddle

The 3 biggest game changers in hunting in the last 10-15 yrs.

I am two out of three on your list of improvements. I went to blackhorn last year,lighted nocks this year,and i am thinking about a saddle set up for next year.

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

I was in there - ever have one of those sits where you just weren’t feeling it? Me neither..until today! Not sure if it was the fog, rain, wind, choice of tree(not my favorite!) or the White Castle....it just felt wrong so i packed it in early. Saw doe and a fawn near my car which made the trip worth it for the intel.

Yes I have a few times. And once this year I left cause it was so humid and mosquitoes were terrible.  And of course 4 does on cam at that stand an hour later.  Go figure. 

I'm with nocked and loaded. We need to make sure we getting the next generation "Live from the woods" the boy and I put in this stand 2 weekends ago and sat this past weekend. Didn't see anything but still had a great time.
20191013_120111.thumb.jpg.24054ead18bf5682cdd9f16768b28516.jpg
20191013_163235.thumb.jpg.36b1ad29c8fb3594c1fabc056fc71074.jpg

Cool stand

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rebel Darling said:

I'm hunting from a saddle this year.  I'm currently using sticks to climb.  While in the saddle, it's the most locked-in I've felt while elevated for drawing and shooting.  It provides me with a wide-range of angles and positions to shoot from without ever having to worry if I'm about to fall over a platform edge.  It's been the most comfortable "sit" (I can literally hang from the tree and nap against it), and it provides me with an easier and safer up and down than the LW climber I was using (I'm always attached to my "stand").  It provides me with way more tree options to climb and hang from.  Generally, it feels much more natural, offers more opportunities, and I can wear it in, and wear it out.

For hanging gear, I use a LW gear strap around the tree.  I hang my pack, my quiver, calls and my bow, and it's all right there in front of me.  Minimal movement to reach and ready. 

I'm with @Buckmaster7600 on the saddles.  I ain't going back to a climber.

Back to work sitting in a chair, though...

I recently talked to growalot. And she is now using, and liking the saddle set up. I may look into it for next year? There are times when getting off the ground is the better option. 

Thanks for your input Mike!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I recently talked to growalot. And she is now using, and liking the saddle set up. I may look into it for next year? There are times when getting off the ground is the better option. 
Thanks for your input Mike!

Burying the lead Grampy!!!! How is she?