LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

I went out last night for an hour to my field edge stand. First sit there,i bumped a little one out of the field. Just before dark deer were filtering into the field,but on the wrong side for me. Good intel for my next sit. There was a decent buck amongst the does and running them around a bit. I thought he might come to my grunts,but he didn't leave the does.

I think i will set up inside the woods on that side of the field,lots of oaks in there and i think the deer stage in there before entering the field. I should have remembered that,they usually do when there are lots of acorns.

• Like 2

Told myself maybe ill just take this weekend off from hunting n recharge a bit....NOPE!ready to get back at it again.really liking this mon- thurs work week!good luck to all those who will be out today,living through you guys

I talked myself into going out Sunday morning after not wanting to last weekend but then family life got in the way so it looks like a huntless weekend for me after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Why don't you hunt from the ground. I get the disadvantages but your back is more important than the buck. Imo

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree. It wasn’t really giving me many issues until yesterday. I have hunted from the ground quite a bit, depends on the set up. Most of my spots are field edges without a ton of cover so stands work better.... but I think I’m going to be trading in my hang on for my chair for a bit haha. Or hunting some pre hung stands we have

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Cant wait to leave work early friday morning to hunt.  But it will be a little humbling wife lost her best friend today to cancer she was like a sister to me and an aunt to my kids.   So it will be my therapy to relax and be thankful for my health and to still be here.    Dont care if i see or kill one friday just need to be out to recharge.

Good luck to those going out.

I lost my uncle late last week from bone marrow cancer as well. He fought long and hard and he's no longer suffering. Service is tonight, but I always do my best thinking, remembering and praying in the woods. That will be Friday.

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Yeah, I agree. It wasn’t really giving me many issues until yesterday. I have hunted from the ground quite a bit, depends on the set up. Most of my spots are field edges without a ton of cover so stands work better.... but I think I’m going to be trading in my hang on for my chair for a bit haha. Or hunting some pre hung stands we have

Don't burn yourself out yet,physically or mentally. I am excited again after not having hunted since Saturday.

• Like 2

Just now, Belo said:

I lost my uncle late last week from bone marrow cancer as well. He fought long and hard and he's no longer suffering. Service is tonight, but I always do my best thinking, remembering and praying in the woods. That will be Friday.

Very sorry to hear about that. My dad passed on 11/2/2000 and I've hunted that day every single year

• Like 5

This buck was at my stand at 6:18am this morning and the next series of pics were of me walking up to check the cam at 6:32am! LOL

IMG-0060.jpg

I had more cam activity in the past 24hrs that I've had in the previous 8 days combined! Hopefully things are starting to heat up!

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Back out.  Not a breath of wind.  Been a weird wind day.  It is so still now.  Forecast is for SW wind.  But back in swamp stand cause I am stubborn.  Put in a good long sit.  Tomorrow looks like 1/2 with rain in the pm.  

Good luck Rob! My cams show better evening activity, then morning. I have family obligations, so I can't get out tonight. Back at it tomorrow morning though. 

• Thanks 1

Another deerless day but found some fresh sign. There’s a little buck tearing it up. Made my way close to the top of the mountain but it got to thick stayed along the thick stuff and the open area. There definitely bedding up in there and feeding down by the stream. I’m going to get in there early tomorrow and try to intercept them. Great day of learning the big woods.

4639624479cd5f92aebc90c0d774fa5e.jpg&key=d7e9cbaa9de06748db410834fe4e078677a8c401b5b46af1893cacc78645f05f

Just a cool pic

43258f6cb693ca211c88747e187c52cb.jpg&key=04a0b860eb08d2997ae911de5a7bc68c1a6a82ee1177ee454b940487d8d70d0b

• Like 5