LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

3 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Okay guys, in all okay lol. Absolute giant body on this deer, so it took me a while to drag it out, skin it and butcher it. Took many breaks and a few extra water breaks through out the process. The deer isn’t as big as I thought at first, but still a nice deer in my opinion. I’ll post he story and some pics in a second post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What broadhead did you use that’s and impressive buck(congrats) and shot. 

38 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Gun, once. Quiver, sure. Release, yup. Breech plug? That was the worst one since I hiked way back into tonawanda swamps and got setup in my climber before I realized it

You remember last December, that last day of ML'r season?

I drove to East Aurora prior to the crack of dawn, parked & dressed only to find I'd left my blunder bust at home, safe & sound in my garage...........damn the luck.

• Like 1

Just got in, had two fawns and what I think was a spike come in at last legal. The fawns were mom less and licking each other finally has to take a empty can of chew and throw it against a tree 15 yards away to get them to leave. Also saw a flock of Turkey out of range so I’d say it was a good night

• Like 2

Just got in, had two fawns and what I think was a spike come in at last legal. The fawns were mom less and licking each other finally has to take a empty can of chew and throw it against a tree 15 yards away to get them to leave. Also saw a flock of Turkey out of range so I’d say it was a good night

Why would you want them to leave? I always want deer around

I will be out  the morning with a buddy,then take a break and go back to his property in ag country until dark. One of us should get a shot at something,we both are looking for either sex deer,if it is big enough it is going down. Lots of tags in my pocket,and i just ate some breakfast sausage patties from 2 years ago, need more!!!!! Raaaaahhh,meat!!!!

Edited by BowmanMike
Someone typed too fast
  • Like 2

Sat both this morning and afternoon. No deer seen.  I did have one blow at me when I was walking home.  

I checked a trail cam and saw the wide racked buck that lost half his rack, pic taken on October 12th, so hopeful he is still around.  

Duck hunting in the AM, then dinner and Sebastian Manacalusco show, celebrating my wife’s birthday. 

PS Congratulations ATBuckhunter!  Beautiful deer and a great shot! 

Edited by Otto
  • Like 2

That won't stop a buck on a hot doe...........same as you and some hot babe in Mexico in 95 degree heat.

ROCK N ROLL.............

Correct. They move in 120 degree temps. But as you’ll notice zero dead bucks tonight. Just wasn’t the night. Nobody could follow up AT’s buck. Tomorrow is the day before Sunday’s 2 inches of rain

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replys guys! Love this community!! Sorry about the late response, I was like a chicken with out a head running around. Like turkey feathers said, that thing was easily 200 pounds dressed. I train with guys that are 180-200 pounds and it felt everybit of 200. For the first time i keep replaying a shot sequence in my head that turned out welll lol. Caped it out and im considering mounting it. Like tacks said, its a really dark deer which is whats making me want to mount it and its my best bow buck. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Correct. They move in 120 degree temps. But as you’ll notice zero dead bucks tonight. Just wasn’t the night. Nobody could follow up AT’s buck. Tomorrow is the day before Sunday’s 2 inches of rain

Im officially the best hunter of the forum today!!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1