LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Ground hunting just inside the tree line overlooking a bean field that about half of got harvested today. Plan was to be in a stand for a E to SE wind according to the weather but once on the ground here its blowing more like N to NE so had to change plans. No chair so not going to be the most comfortable hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Just these girls so far.

8614EE87-2B5A-4387-8B31-B0CC624AA818.jpeg

I was out this morning with the shotgun hoping one of those would show up, but nothing did.   I think the afternoons are where the fall turkey action is.   That is where it was last year for me anyhow.   I will try and get out for the last couple hours tomorrow.  No more hunting for me after that until next Saturday when southern zone crossbow deer season opens up.    

• Like 1

Well we almost pulled a double from the same stand.  Since they were chasing where Gary shot the buck this morning, I put my other buddy (not grampy) in the same stand for PM.  He had a “monster 8” come in and arrow de-nocked on draw.   That would have been pretty cool.   Still hoping grampy connects.  He has seen 2 really nice bucks just not quite in range.  

Me, I saw a spike this afternoon but great day.    Food ain’t interesting the boys any more.  

• Like 1

Wind is switching all over rrrrr

Just had a flock of cranes maybe? Fly over. 10 or so. Very loud weird calls like a wooping.

b995fae5106682b22c8a8f202e1230e0.jpg&key=00d0ab8988a46c069e0fd8ea8256ac473b0fc51e4e9477f0be881e9e6cb514b5

Not a great pic but I caught one of them

Whooping sound to me says snow geese. The picture really doesn’t help much.

• Like 1

At 5 Pm I had 2 doe and 3 fawn come into the clover.  The lead big doe hesitated to come into plot. Eventually she fed as close as 7-8 yards but quartering to the whole time. Not a shot I want to take. Even that close. Eventually they all fed right through at 15-20 yards but a shot never came of other doe either as quartering towards. Then they were outta my life. Just before legal light ending I had 2 big doe come in acting nervous. Looking over their shoulders. I could have zipped both but waited. Minutes later a really big bodied fork horn ( no brows ) nose to the ground. Sat in blind for awhile and escaped undetected... I think.  Fun evening for sure. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

Wind is switching all over rrrrr

Just had a flock of cranes maybe? Fly over. 10 or so. Very loud weird calls like a wooping.

b995fae5106682b22c8a8f202e1230e0.jpg

Not a great pic but I caught one of them

Looks like cranes to me . We have sandhill cranes here in ny . Had a flock fly over me last year . Definitely sounds different than snows.

• Like 1

Well.  Worst sit so far.  Hiked in 3/4 mile to get my stand so i was going to hunt then take it out.  Wind was perfext and at about 5 oclock someone decided it was target practice time.  Where i was expectimg the deer to go feed at.  Oh well joys of stateland.  However i did find 10 scrapes near where i shot mine last week so thats where ill be friday morning.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well.  Worst sit so far.  Hiked in 3/4 mile to get my stand so i was going to hunt then take it out.  Wind was perfext and at about 5 oclock someone decided it was target practice time.  Where i was expectimg the deer to go feed at.  Oh well joys of stateland.  However i did find 10 scrapes near where i shot mine last week so thats where ill be friday morning.  

Hope you have pics to post. Good luck.