LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Headed in local with the climber , tree surfing soon.  Good luck y’all 

I’m up and since forgot bow holder in car bow is in lap.  Doh.  Windy up here 

Dont feel bad,my bow is always on my lap,i dont own a bow holder. good luck out there today. I saw a buck at work yesterday,running around like an idiot looking for love,well,sex really. I think this weekend will be epic.

59 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

First year I've not even drawn the bow since I started bow hunting 10? Years ago.  Only getting out 3 times will do that.  Hope the wife remembers the sacrifices I made in October during the next 3 weeks!

The best is yet to come,and i used a similar tactic with my wife. It can be difficult,she says i am always hunting,i say i am hardly ever hunting. Who's right?

Up in the tree at 6:40, 50 degrees and very light breeze. I forget how noisy this stand is in the morning on a weekday. 481 off to my left fools rushing to work.

The plan would be to shoot a nice doe, skip work and take care of a stand or two. I need to see a deer first. Cmon ladies!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

About 15 minutes before legal I hear light clicking of antlers. , continuing on for a bit. I better nock an arrow so if one meanders down during legal I’m good to go. They were about 50 yards dead upwind.  Nock arrow and sob nocturnal strobe beacon   I pulled with all my might and got it out and shoved it in my boot.  They probably heard me mutter f me though.  No chipmunks nor squirrels yet. Coon climbed into den tree at 30   

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Killed a number of bucks with my bow in this spot , but when I got rid of all my hang ons never put a ladder here till two weeks ago .

Way over grown this is my only opening I can shoot around entire stand .

3A63BD81-73D7-4CE5-AE4C-6C8969976E5B.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

21 hours ago, rob-c said:

I agree, but let’s Not kick the man when he’s down. We've all done bone head stuff in the woods . 

yeah probably came harsher than i meant it tot. I've done more boneheaded things than I can count, I just feel like that's an odd one. 

Edited by Belo