LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

I'm leaving work today at 130 and off until Wed.  Planning to hunt 7h.  Shot my xbow last weekend and its in great shape!! Last weekend trail cams had 4 new bucks on them at night, including a very nice 8pt. Hoping that 8pt shows itself this weekend.  Good shooting tomorrow everyone. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm off Monday too. Hunting Saturday, Sunday, and Monday with Dad. Double the men, double the chance of a buck dying.

does are on target for me too, which i normally don't mess with during the rut. i have a bad feeling about this year and i'm not going to risk an empty freezer. 

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

All you guys out saying deer running all over shoot somethin!! 

"passed up a buck" [sometimes really means at 115 yards]. I, personally, do not use the word "passed up" unless it was an easy shot i turned down. otherwise you are simply "seeing" and not "passing up"

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

"passed up a buck" [sometimes really means at 115 yards]. I, personally, do not use the word "passed up" unless it was an easy shot i turned down. otherwise you are simply "seeing" and not "passing up"

Pass on a deer absolutely has to include a deer you have a tag for and that it's in a reasonable shooting range!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I don't know, when I lob it in there I say I missed a deer....

Coming back to stand from break and I hear blowing coming at me.   Left of the trail a medium sized buck is running straight to me.  A bit confused, I nock an arrow in self defense.    He veers left at 10 yds and then I see the largest rack I have ever seen live coming over hill on same trail.  He stops at 30yds in brush and then veers to where 1st buck ran.   It was an awesome sight.     Hope he keeps running this area.   Wide wide wide and tall tined.  

• Like 26

1 hour ago, Rebel Darling said:

City of Albany, I-90 Eastbound side, Tivoli woods/park:  BIG hoofed animal dead on the shoulder.  Someone caped the head.

I see deer along 90 there every once in a while. I drive it every day to and from work. I see them in the field off 787 behind Huck Finn's all the time. A few nice bucks too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Coming back to stand from break and I hear blowing coming at me.   Left of the trail a medium sized buck is running straight to me.  A bit confused, I nock an arrow in self defense.    He veers left at 10 yds and then I see the largest rack I have ever seen live coming over hill on same trail.  He stops at 30yds in brush and then veers to where 1st buck ran.   It was an awesome sight.     Hope he keeps running this area.   Wide wide wide and tall tined.  

Have any pics of him this year?

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Mendon???  Good chance he will be back, when they are running like that Brian! Good luck buddy!

35 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Agreed. When I say passed up a shot, I mean that it was less than 30yds and presented an ethical shot that I would have actually taken if was going to try to kill it...buck or doe

12 hours ago, bhunterED said:

Just got back in and the storms that rolled through where pretty intense. We stayed up on the high side of the creek bank (opposite side of where the deer would have entered) and just slowly walked looking into the bottom for his glowing nock. About 200 to 250 yards into the walk we spotted the nock, sadly it was moving not very fast at all but moving. It almost seemed as if it was trying to stay with us but just shortly behind. I definitely feel he got one lung but I know they can go a long ways with just one lung. We pulled out again and he will be going back at 1st light.

any updates?

1 hour ago, Belo said:

does are on target for me too, which i normally don't mess with during the rut. i have a bad feeling about this year and i'm not going to risk an empty freezer. 

I have a doe in the freezer. It feels great,but i think she feels lonely in there. I will try to get some company for her in there. I went for a quick still hunt this a.m.,saw some turkeys and heard some branches fall. I might sneak out later today...if that doesn't work i will be out all weekend.

31 minutes ago, Judoka95 said:

Just a reminder to everyone that today is the first day to get "leftover" DMP's. Just picked up mine (which is why I waited until now to remind everyone else)

Just picked up some at Walmart, long line behind me when I got done.