LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

So glad I came out despite wind.  It’s been crazy.  Tons of movement.  Was surrounded by 3 bucks and 2 doe for like 10 min.   One was a 120” give or take 8.   Drew and let down twice.   Still 10 days of rut hunting to go.   That’s normally a no brainer shooter.   

love/hate you right now !   lol.  This last 45 minutes at work is a killer and now you got me juiced for tomorrow hunting!   good luck- hope triple wide comes back around

• Like 1

I always thought strong winds minimizes deer movement but doesn't sound like it from the reports on here and from what I've seen today. Been on stand since about 2:30 and have ateady had 2 groups of 3 doe slowly walking/grazing by. Had 2 of them under 15 yds, others between 25 - 35yds. Now hopefully some big boys will come through 

• Like 2

Well I’m out on state in 7f
Not loving my setup but I’m up. Off the edge of a big swamp. Before I came out I slipped out back to check the heat and all in the tower and freshen a scrape for the kids tomorrow for the crossbow opener and of course jumped a deer right near stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, JALA RUT said:

I always thought strong winds minimizes deer movement but doesn't sound like it from the reports on here and from what I've seen today. Been on stand since about 2:30 and have ateady had 2 groups of 3 doe slowly walking/grazing by. Had 2 of them under 15 yds, others between 25 - 35yds. Now hopefully some big boys will come through 

Always heard that too.  But I will not hesitate to hunt windy days anymore.   

• Like 1

"passed up a buck" [sometimes really means at 115 yards]. I, personally, do not use the word "passed up" unless it was an easy shot i turned down. otherwise you are simply "seeing" and not "passing up"

When I say passed up I mean within my comfortable shooting distance and I willingly decide not to shoot it. Seeing and passing are very different and I would hope people on here don’t conflate the two but I guess you never know

• Like 2

When I say passed up I mean within my comfortable shooting distance and I willingly decide not to shoot it. Seeing and passing are very different and I would hope people on here don’t conflate the two but I guess you never know

Same

Back out at it again. Sitting on a secluded clover plot between big ag and a thick creek bed. Already had a 3 year old pop out into the field for a few minutes before going back into the timber. I’ll be happy if I have half as much action as this morning... I think it was 14 bucks, 5 of which were 3+ and two which were shooters but of course shooters were the only ones not to come into range. Good luck to all those out today and tomorrow AM! I’ve got a Halloween party tonight with the gf that I’m going to try really hard to not get too drunk at so I can make it out in the AM

• Like 1