LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Had 2 doe come through and gave them a pass. Not 5 minutes later a shooter buck came through on the heels of a doe. I watched this charade for 15 minutes. They were just out of range of my crossbow the whole time.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Dam so many bucks down this weekend it’s insane, I’m feeling left out lol! Congrats to all it’s been really cool to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YOU are feeling left out? Imagine actually hunting and not seeing deer!! Another sit another SKUNK for me!

YOU are feeling left out? Imagine actually hunting and not seeing deer!! Another sit another SKUNK for me!

Lol true, I did hunt Friday PM and sat Am so plenty of deer just nothing I was willing to shoot right now

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I feel your pain! In the last 12 hunts, I've only seen 2 deer!! I see all the reports of bucks on the move and chasing, but can't help but wonder WTF is going on in my area!? I checked 2 cams near a stand that I haven't hunted recently, but only have pics of 3 deer passing by in the past 9 days!!! I'm off for the next 2 weeks, so hopefully something will flip the switch and get those bucks moving!! 

• Like 1

So had to head out at 10 am nature's  call dog had to go to .  Picked up a trail cam , extra hunting knife , binoculars,  all left on my bench this morning. I'm back in as of 12. Planning on sitting until dark. Finally some piece and quietblooks like squirrels  are midday napping. 

All the scrapes that were covered yesterday are back open . I sprayed a squirt of doe e in each one . 

Edited by Nytracker

Unfortunately for me I have to go clean up some down trees on my place this afternoon. I'd rather go out hunting and not be running chainsaw all over the place but it needs to be done to have the right access trails opened up for getting to stands.

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Gotta ask. These new bow hunters practice much?   And shoot a doe and then shoot the trailing buck a little irresponsible IMO    2 blood trails intertwining only says bad things.

My first archery doe was this year. . 2 more were perfect for me to zip another hour later. I know I heard the first crash but no way I was going to shoot another without knowing100 %   Shooting 2 first archery deer in same day would have been epic and broke this forum but NOT even a thought

Was doe being tailed by buck recovered?

Yep. I’ve seen both shoot and they are pretty good. As for shooting a doe and then a buck, I imagine any young hunter would take a shot at a buck, doe down or not. Both hunters are new to archery but not hunting deer. I’m ok with the decision. The buck was not recovered. I’m thinking it was not a good hit. 

• Like 1

Yep. I’ve seen both shoot and they are pretty good. As for shooting a doe and then a buck, I imagine any young hunter would take a shot at a buck, doe down or not. Both hunters are new to archery but not hunting deer. I’m ok with the decision. The buck was not recovered. I’m thinking it was not a good hit. 
I'd be happy to be a mentor to these new hunters.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 3