LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Live from my kitchen.  VT rifle season doesn't start for another 10 days...

Been watching 5 doe and 2 buck.  The does came out to feed in a small strip of brassicas that I planted.  Bucks followed and scattered them, then wandered around and fed before following.  A one horned spike and 2.5 year old 6 point.  Hope my camera picked them up. 

Trying to get my FIL to hunt here, since I will be hunting back home on the family farm.

7 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

Passed on 3 bucks so far. 2 8’s and a 9 with this 8 being the biggest. Tough pass. Had him at 5 yards and decided to let off and grabbed the phone. Great morning so far. 

Wow! That would be a top end buck in these parts!!!  Best of luck to ya out there!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, farmer 52 said:

Beautiful morning in 9H,two doe on the way in,just watched a big 4 tear up a scrape,took him about 15 minutes.Of course it’s about 60 yards from my stand and when he finished he went directly away from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome where about in 9h?

• Like 1

Live from the recliner. Messed up my knee and out of action for the best hunting days of the season. So my wife tells me the deer are stopping by to see if I’m ok. I’m thinking that it’s the two yearlings that hang out under the apple trees. Nope. This guy strolls thru the yard within 15 yards of my deck. 
Just one of those years.....

73305390-E17D-4A2E-AEC3-B9916341BD58.jpeg

C1F94CCF-837A-40BD-A355-1C5D1598AE0B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, 46rkl said:

Live from the recliner. Messed up my knee and out of action for the best hunting days of the season. So my wife tells me the deer are stopping by to see if I’m ok. I’m thinking that it’s the two yearlings that hang out under the apple trees. Nope. This guy strolls thru the yard within 15 yards of my deck. 
Just one of those years.....

73305390-E17D-4A2E-AEC3-B9916341BD58.jpeg

C1F94CCF-837A-40BD-A355-1C5D1598AE0B.jpeg

That sucks! Hope you heal up in time to get out with a firearm.

36 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Looks like he dropped it with a Buick!

53 minutes ago, chrisw said:

That's what I said! And if you look close on his neck there are two holes. Gun? Antler gores? Hickeys?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Belo said:

something is not right with that deer's back leg :)

Lol good grief.  

No conspiracy theories guys.  Occums razer. 

Crossbow behind the house.  10 ringed him. Flipped over as best a 70 year old can into cart, cut leg tendons to fit in wagon.  Hope this solves all your questions.  

17358.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Lol good grief.  
 No conspiracy theories guys.  Occums razer. 
Crossbow behind the house.  10 ringed him. Flipped over as best a 70 year old can into cart, cut leg tendons to fit in wagon.  Hope this solves all your questions.  
17358.jpeg.46ee759edd55e0b96f813ef9dd4df17b.jpeg

NONE OF THAT EXPLAINS THAT HOLE IN THE ANTLER!! Clearly a .22 down through the antler canal and into his brain. We’ve all seen it 1000 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3