LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

This }%#*ing corn.

Nice doe just walked by skirting along it.
I know here in 8F the farmer told us they weren't cutting it until mid December'ish. So it'll make for a bit tougher gun season but maybe it'll save a few deer for next season too.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am dumbfounded that between last evening sit and this morning zip with the first snow.
Ima tough it out a while longer I got the day off. Deciding where to for later. Shooting a doe should not be this hard. I could have shot multiple mature bucks by now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just left the woods. Forgot my phone in the truck this morning, so I had no idea what time it was and was paranoid I would miss an important text or call. I saw a lone spike wander through shortly after daylight. REAL discouraging, considering how much further I could see with snow on the ground! Didn't see a single track in the snow on my way in this morning or when I left. They sure as hell aren't moving around me!! I have a couple things to do today, but plan to be back in the stand by 1:00pm.

4 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Just left the woods. Forgot my phone in the truck this morning, so I had no idea what time it was and was paranoid I would miss an important text or call. I saw a lone spike wander through shortly after daylight. REAL discouraging, considering how much further I could see with snow on the ground! Didn't see a single track in the snow on my way in this morning or when I left. They sure as hell aren't moving around me!! I have a couple things to do today, but plan to be back in the stand by 1:00pm.

If your luck is like mine, you will return to tracks right under your stand and the cam will say it was 20 minutes after you left lol

I am dumbfounded that between last evening sit and this morning zip with the first snow.
Ima tough it out a while longer I got the day off. Deciding where to for later. Shooting a doe should not be this hard. I could have shot multiple mature bucks by now lol.

Yep. About to call it. Lots of tracks in snow but movement has dried up tremendously in past two weeks during the day. Will grtvfien soon see where they are walking and use climber next hunt.

Woke up late. Threw on layers of poly, wool, down, fleece, soft shell and hit ground blind. 30 minutes in and I’m freezing. 30 minutes later I’m back at cabin drinking coffee and planning a trip to Dicks to get thick, warm uncool camo for this afternoon. 

Go to Walmart and pickup a mr. buddy heater. I just started taking mine into the blind. Pretty nice!

• Like 1