LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Back in #fromtheground over the swamp. 30 and sunny, slight breeze.

I’m determined to get a doe outa this swamp so giving it one more night. I prolly should be at my state stand by the corn but 7 minute drive beats 50 minute drive lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, virgil said:

Good for you.  Sounds like things are heating up in 4F.  I can't wait to get up there for the last few days of bow and then the gun opener.

Things are definetely heating up. Before i shot the doe three younger deer were racing past me,chasing is happening. I walked past a freshened scrape dragging my doe out. We got some snow around 8 a.m. and there was not a flake in the scrape around noon.

• Like 1

Dad said he saw a 4pt dogging a doe from 7-730am both under 30yds but he passed. 4pt made a scrape. After they left he grunted per my suggestion and a bigger buck came in and he shot it at 810am. 5 or 6pt he thinks at 42yds. He gave it 2.5hrs so far I’m gonna get dressed and go meet him to track

No recovery. Will update journal later with pics and story

• Sad 3

Out in 8y alot of tracks from last night. Most have  snown in them .  Brisk north west wind  somebody worked a couple of my scrapes up. Packed in a parka and bibs for the sit . More like late season.  Truck said 26 degrees ... pretty steady wind .

1/2 mile up the road  there was a pretty nice buck out on a field by himself  south facing slope.  Feeding along.

Please tell me you shot a turkey, its getting boring around here lol

No. I just forgot to quote WNYBuckHunter. I’m sitting in my office wishing I was out and hoping one of you shoots something . I won’t be out til tomorrow.

• Haha 2

Had fawn watch me put up stand and jumped a monster doe in a spot ive never seen them bed on the way to put that stand up.   I need to get bibs or something its sad when feet and hands stay warm but my legs and chest froze.  I dont get cold easily but that wind killed me this am.  Congrats to those that punched a tag ill be back out in am.

And for those of you wondering, here’s the Mr. Buddy for the ground blind. Little propane tank on high gets you about three hours. I’m using a baranette pop up blind. I can’t strip down but I’ll say that I was comfortable a couple weeks ago with just a jacket and base layer.

59318103691__DE53C302-61DC-4AA8-9279-DA91BF521FFB.JPG