LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Just checked a couple cams that have been out for 4 days. Definitely an increase in activity, mostly at night. Does are still with fawns. Only one spike trailing a doe. All other bucks were alone and didn't appear to be trailing or have any interest in does!!! Confirms why I haven't been seeing all this seeking and chasing that guys are reporting in other areas! Last year, I didn't see any bucks seeking or chasing until opening day of gun season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lots of shooting this afternoon! Sounds like guys are getting sighted in for next weekend!

All morning and afternoon long they where doing it out my way. Sounded like the busiest gun opener ever. Can’t believe that guys wait until the last weekend to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Pretty much a drive except you walk around the bedding areas instead of going in and let your scent go down into it.  Gets the deer to move slowly out of their beds and dont come out at 100mph.

We do this in gun season, wind bump it then drive it. Sometimes they won’t move just from wind when pressured in guns Eason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hock3y24 said:

We do this in gun season, wind bump it then drive it. Sometimes they won’t move just from wind when pressured in guns Eason.

Yea i agree thats why ill do it during bow they tend to get up and sneak out just doing the wind.  Ive had to kick brush piles to get does to move during gun.  It also lets the shooters get an easier shot.  Only do it 2 or 3 time during bow thats it.

• Like 1

Took the doe to the butcher. Now back in a tree. Couldn’t get a deer close enough to the newbs this morn. My bro checked his cam this morn and yesterday afternoon why I was showing him a diff spot one of his shooters was 15 yards in front of his stand at 4:45 lol that’s hunting!

Looking for another plump doe.

• Like 1

Had a beauty show up a few nights ago ~75 yards from my stand, about 30 min after dark. Hoping he'll make a mistake one of these days. Gonna concentrate on this stand for the next couple of weeks.cd26c183a78eb89f4bc7819f3a3d4b6b.jpg&key=362b83e121da86002f83596762b9e53186b5b5cca77f404593fd8e985b23619d

Good looking animal there!