LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

2 hours ago, Unit8R said:

here ya go! Did the "boneless method" with game bags like the ole days packing out in the mountains... and yes, got inner tenders

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

This is what we did with both does this year. No gutting, hung them near the truck and processed right there. Unless the weather is just too bad to do it in the field, I will never bring home a whole deer again.

• Like 1

I use an old sledgehammer handle , and even with it off and disengaged  which I do every time , once jam is clear auger can still move a bit once pressure of jam is off it . Someday I may share how I know ....

Today I got a wire dog lead wrapped up in mine ..... easy fix and didn’t shear the pin .

Nothing during my morning sit...did see fresh tracks on my way out.  Heading back in for the PM sit...  in the meantime, and keeping with the “Use all parts”  mantra, I’m preparing these to eat tonight during our butchering secession.  My brother is preparing the heart.

59A52BB2-757D-4833-8FFD-3CFDD1555B55.jpeg

70DE1991-BB03-494F-BA42-262A2132E5AD.jpeg

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

Nothing during my morning sit...did see fresh tracks on my way out.  Heading back in for the PM sit...  in the meantime, and keeping with the “Use all parts”  mantra, I’m preparing these to eat tonight during our butchering secession.  My brother is preparing the heart.

Umm, they're empty, right?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Don_C said:

This is what we did with both does this year. No gutting, hung them near the truck and processed right there. Unless the weather is just too bad to do it in the field, I will never bring home a whole deer again.

Searched around and found this vid on gutless method if anyone interested... if you love the heart and liver you'll have to gut

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dinorocks said:

How do u prepare them? @dinorocks

1 hour ago, dinorocks said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thank you

15 minutes ago, crappyice said:

How about the tenderloins?!? Did i miss him removing them?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea no way I'd be leaving the heart or the tenderloins. That is just wasteful!!

:sorry:

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

yeah, he got the tenders. Understand on the heart but can be fished out. I grab the tendons from behind the legs for backing on another stab at  a homemade longbow and the bones to be cracked and roasted for stock.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Unit8R said:

yeah, he got the tenders. Understand on the heart but can be fished out. I grab the tendons from behind the legs for backing on another stab at  a homemade longbow and the bones to be cracked and roasted for stock.

you harvest the tendons and use them to make a longbow?? would love to see vid of this!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I'm sure we all leave behind pieces that others may feel are wasteful as well. To each their own. I have no interest in eating organs, but removing the tenderloins is very simple without gutting. This video shows it much better and is how we do it. (8:14)

• Like 3