LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

26 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

23 miles in a day is going way to quick to be hunting. You would be doing almost 2 miles every hour if you where walking for 12 hours straight with no rest.

According to his post, ten miles was walking on the road back to the truck, and much of the track , he was “ kicking it into high gear “ to catch up to the buck . 

• Like 1

I'm jealous. No gun season for me :hunter-smiley-face:

Bow only till January shotgun. 

So many rifles and they can only get used at the range. bummer. Some have never even been fired lol. Out of the box, into the safe and that's it.

Maybe someone can show some pity/kindness and suggest somewhere within 2-3 hours of Throgs Neck Bridge?

Sullivan or Orange county perhaps??

1 minute ago, Cory said:

Just got out of work I hope to be in my stand by one. Last chance before bullets fly tomorrow morning. I can only hunt Saturday and then I have to drive to Cleveland for my boys ninja competition on Sunday. Good luck to all !

Bring the ninja out tomorrow,I’m sure he could kill one quick with one of them throwing stars !

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

23 miles in a day is going way to quick to be hunting. You would be doing almost 2 miles every hour if you where walking for 12 hours straight with no rest.

Think about this it take the average person to run a marathon  4 1/2 hours on well paved roads 

23 miles in daylight hours hunting dragging deer in snow off trail is almost super human. 

13 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

Think about this it take the average person to run a marathon  4 1/2 hours on well paved roads 

23 miles in daylight hours hunting dragging deer in snow off trail is almost super human. 

Just curious and I'm not asking just because you troll this thread and others constantly, but do you actually hunt?

You don't seem to have any hunting related experiences that you talk about..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Just curious and I'm not asking just because you troll this thread and others constantly, but do you actually hunt?

You don't seem to have any hunting related experiences that you talk about..

? How am  I trolling ?

You  normally walk 23 Miles in the snow off trail  hunting ?

I don't . Maybe 5 or 6  enough for me . O maybe you should ask chef that question he is the one who started this line of conversation.  

And usually I go really slow when I'm hunting still hunting stalking 

20191115_112923.thumb.png.71c2e45a30190f8ff3f3144a6063befa.png

Edited by Hunter007

1 hour ago, Hunter007 said:

Dude tracked a buck that far and that long. Took a bunch of pictures along the way. Killed the thing. A dandy buck at that. The proof is in the pudding. I don’t care if you think it’s super human. He obviously knows how to hunt them that way and does it well. Come back and post when you can match it. 

P.S I killed the buck in my profile pic

Edited by Renegade Hunter
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Made it out this morning for what could be the last sit for Archery. Where did the season/my favorite time of year go? Due to stuff going on I was only able to get out about 21 times. Never saw a deer within range and haven't seen a deer from the stand since 11/6.

This morning I set up about 30 yards downwind from a fresh scrape I found yesterday. I didn't see anything again except a gray fox which was kind of neat. There are a couple of bruisers in the area but have not laid eyes on them and don't have any cameras out at the present time. All indications here are they only moving at night or early morning.

One of them has been rubbing 8" cedars with new rubs showing up every three or four days. The other one is a hardwood guy and has been tearing the 6" trees up pretty good.

Congratulations to all the successful hunters and wish you all luck during the gun season;  my not so favorite time of the year.

IMG_20191115_072251[1].jpg

IMG_20191115_072337[1].jpg

IMG_20191115_072359[1].jpg

IMG_20191115_094553_1CS[1].jpg

IMG_20191025_090206[1].jpg

IMG_20191115_101803_1CS[1].jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I'm jealous. No gun season for me :hunter-smiley-face:

Bow only till January shotgun. 

So many rifles and they can only get used at the range. bummer. Some have never even been fired lol. Out of the box, into the safe and that's it.

Maybe someone can show some pity/kindness and suggest somewhere within 2-3 hours of Throgs Neck Bridge?

Sullivan or Orange county perhaps??

Tons of State Land in Greene County ..... Windham comes to mind - rifle area - 4R ! Great hunting and only 2 hours for a City Driver !  :hunter-smiley-face:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hunter007 said:

? How am  I trolling ?

You  normally walk 23 Miles in the snow off trail  hunting ?

I don't . Maybe 5 or 6  enough for me . O maybe you should ask chef that question he is the one who started this line of conversation.  

And usually I go really slow when I'm hunting still hunting stalking 

20191115_112923.thumb.png.71c2e45a30190f8ff3f3144a6063befa.png

As usual, you didn’t answer the question.