LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

yep yesterday , standing in a field at ten talking to my buddy, he spots a deer running in the woods, I pull up binoculars ,and a large 8 is chasing her . I send him to the woods where it’s open ,as you never know where they’ll  end up and at least he can shoot a good distance there .
I stay in field watching the back door, and a young 8 comes out of thick area 60 yards from me and heads off in the direction of doe and big buck .
Later on stand buddy has a mid sized 8 walk past him, go look into a field for a minute or so and move on .
You’re familiar with my area ,if that helps.

Thanks! Just what I needed to sneak out of the office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHornHunter said:

Anyone see rutting activity last few days? I’m at the office and have the itch to sneak out for a PM hunt, just debating whether it’s worth it or to leave my spots unpressured. I had a really good hunt Monday night and had a stud chasing does hard (unfortunately just after legal light) and got a lot of reports of other big bucks running does. I didn’t hear a peep yesterday or see much driving around.

yesterday evening i happened to be out of work and went out with my young daughter to scout and kind of hunt. buck over hundred yards away in an adjacent swamp/thicket was roaring like crazy. loudest grunting i've ever heard. nobody was in there with a grunt tube either, because that was the first thing i figured the noise was.  bucks seem pressured now though with the rest of the deer. aren't coming out into the open like the first couple days.

• Like 1

Was planning on getting out into a stand this afternoon but school called and my older son passed out in class so now we're in dr.s office. He seems fine now. I told him if I get a pic of a shooter buck on my cell cams he's in big trouble!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, E J said:

Was planning on getting out into a stand this afternoon but school called and my older son passed out in class so now we're in dr.s office. He seems fine now. I told him if I get a pic of a shooter buck on my cell cams he's in big trouble!

I'm glad to hear he is ok, but I would have told my son the same thing lol

Hunted the park again today. The snow was so loud there’s no way of still hunting,So I got up on a little ridge and sat for a few hours didn’t see anything. The snow softened up a little so I moved around but didn’t find any tracks. I’m not sure what to do tomorrow might just hunt by my pond. There calling for rain Friday.

4 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

Anyone see rutting activity last few days? I’m at the office and have the itch to sneak out for a PM hunt, just debating whether it’s worth it or to leave my spots unpressured. I had a really good hunt Monday night and had a stud chasing does hard (unfortunately just after legal light) and got a lot of reports of other big bucks running does. I didn’t hear a peep yesterday or see much driving around.

I had a small buck, 4 or 6pt, grunting and chasing a doe on Monday around me for about 45 minutes. Looked like he was dogging her for quite awhile she was snorting at him, stamping her front hooves into the ground at him, and bedded down 3 times until he harassed her out of each bed. Eventually she ran away with him in tow. Then Tuesday had a small buck grunting and chasing around 3 doe but after running back and forth for a few minutes, he chased them out of the area. Size wise could have been the same buck but couldn't tell for sure.

• Like 1

No I leave my 4 roasts, backstraps in 6 sections. Cut steaks, and then either stew, speidies or ground meat. You can always cut steaks out of roasts or backstraps when you pull them out and thaw. Neck meat is for the crock pot.

I’m with you man if I’m working and not bullshitting from a hanging skin on stake 2-3 hours max go trimmed, sealed and in the freezer

Same as what I read, which was why I have Been using it. Maybe it’s just the bullet I chose. In any case, I’m not screwing with it anymore this year. I’ll test other rounds out on yotes later on. 

6.5 creedmoore is like a 308 the Grendel is not

• Like 2

So I worked up by camp today, no time to hunt but I did move my climber to spot I think will give me some good shots going forward. This little guy watched me the whole time and wasn’t spooked at all

f83d9c3170563b46edbd6b17a7ccdbec.jpg

• Like 4