LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Ok so the drag out took about 4.5 hours. [mention=4789]Buckmaster7600[/mention] just earned a new level of respect for what he's able to do in the mountains. After this ordeal I'm thinking that future deer might get packed out piece by piece when I'm this far from the car. Time for a shower and a nap.

If they’re under 180ish lbs and it’s not wet I carry mine as much as possible. 4.5hr drag is no joke! But what else in the world is better than dragging a big buck? I can’t say I enjoy dragging but if I’m dragging that means I just did what I love to do so there not much else I would rather be doing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

Had a pretty good day in the park. Picked up an old track as soon as I got to the ridge I wanted to checkout. It went the way I was going then hooked up so I kept following it.
457e63df1184a437c59e4c666533e00d.jpg&key=c63d4cde3a4e9345132fec84feadabba535016094652fa19ef0372e361fcd2c2
While following it I cut a small bear track.
a3fa37bb1d6dd6277068c26f6037e5f1.jpg&key=fd8adff346f134e539e2bf05950e6a23db5b3eadc3d69213e4ecb00ade54e20d
Kept following the deer it went on a snowmobile trail for a little bit then crossed and headed up a mountain then it was feed with other deer. I got to confused on which was which,but they all went the same way. Then another hunter showed up a coyote.
65a399d5a595960fd812f0b80a2470fd.jpg&key=c9fa97cfae4e59b7395c8005448b154879c5344206bf4280785a28488219ac53
So i figured that was it. I dropped back down and checked the valley I wanted to nothing. Decided to head out and come up with a plan for tomorrow. It was pretty cool following the tracks can’t wait to get on a fresh one.

Everyone thinks tracking is hard to do but it’s not, people make it too complicated. When you’re on a track that comes into other deer just have to do loops around where they fed, if you’re on the biggest track in the herd it’s easy to figure it out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Everyone thinks tracking is hard to do but it’s not, people make it too complicated. When you’re on a track that comes into other deer just have to do loops around where they fed, if you’re on the biggest track in the herd it’s easy to figure it out.

You're a trendsetter lol. Once I finally get some snow, I'm gonna do it!

If they’re under 180ish lbs and it’s not wet I carry mine as much as possible. 4.5hr drag is no joke! But what else in the world is better than dragging a big buck? I can’t say I enjoy dragging but if I’m dragging that means I just did what I love to do so there not much else I would rather be doing!

If mine is 180lbs I can't even lift it into my truck. Lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Woah, Woah, Woah. Carry out whole. Like draped over your shoulders? While hiking in the mountains?

I feel like less of a man now

• Like 2

Woah, Woah, Woah. Carry out whole. Like draped over your shoulders? While hiking in the mountains?

I feel like less of a man now

637ca0a291fb6f8c887976d86e5c8c1f.jpg

Hardest parts getting them up there then it’s way easier than dragging, when you’re ready for a break just sit on a log or stump so you don’t have to keep getting them on there.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

637ca0a291fb6f8c887976d86e5c8c1f.jpg

Hardest parts getting them up there then it’s way easier than dragging, when you’re ready for a break just sit on a log or stump so you don’t have to keep getting them on there.

I don't see you carrying a gun in that pic! Now I gotta kill it with my bare hands AND carry it out on my shoulders......Shit I need to step it up!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

637ca0a291fb6f8c887976d86e5c8c1f.jpg&key=037db51ec54c59a241db4c24dfe12493f6fda9f1f06346801fddefd25d56d7b7

No no no no HELL no!

My back and neck hurt just looking at that picture!

• Like 1

637ca0a291fb6f8c887976d86e5c8c1f.jpg&key=037db51ec54c59a241db4c24dfe12493f6fda9f1f06346801fddefd25d56d7b7

How many ticks are you covered in by the time you get back to the truck? Blood doesn't bother me, but my buck this year could just about walk away with all of the ticks crawling on him.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How many ticks are you covered in by the time you get back to the truck? Blood doesn't bother me, but my buck this year could just about walk away with all of the ticks crawling on him.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Never gotten one on me while carrying one, I’ve actually never saw a tick on a deer in the ADK’s I know they’re there but never found one on a deer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rob-c said:

Did the case drop on a rock ? I would think if the dent was in the bullet before hand it wouldn’t  have chambered . 

Pulled the trigger and it didn't go boom and it had a dent in it. Guessing it had dent and something was wrong with the shell.  Found it laying in leaves below the stand. 

Pulled the trigger and it didn't go boom and it had a dent in it. Guessing it had dent and something was wrong with the shell.  Found it laying in leaves below the stand. 

I pulled the trigger last year with my .35 rem didn’t go boom but the hammer dropped. I realized the safety was on,
Cocked the hammer back again and let one fly I feel your pain. The real question is, is there a dimple in the primer.

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

I pulled the trigger last year with my .35 rem didn’t go boom but the hammer dropped. I realized the safety was on,
Cocked the hammer back again and let one fly I feel your pain. The real question is, is there a dimple in the primer.

Yup . Can see where it hit. 

Yup . Can see where it hit. 

Then the dented case had nothing to do with it, just a bad primer or not a hard enough strike, good chance you go and shoot that round at the range tomorrow and it goes bang