LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

My good friend Jack Daniels talked me into hunting a new spot on the property I haven’t been to yet this year. He also talked me into changing it up and bringing the 30-.06 out for the first time ever hunting with a rifle.

I just barley made it though the water without getting wet so that’s a plus already. Now if the deer will cooperate with Jacks plan I’ll be a happy man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes......thank God you had a sit down with Jack last night!
Prediction time......the .06 barks for Mojo today and he punches a tag with that rifle for the first time......and the Bills roll the Broncos big today......31-10!!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, OtiscoPaul said:

image.jpg

Before we went to rifle here in 4H a few years back. My partner and I killed a pile of deer with our Deerslayers! Used em for close to twenty years, and never once a malfunction. Ours loved the Remington Copper Solids. Most shots were around 50 yards, and there were plenty of bang-flops.

May just have to take the old girl out for one more dance!

Best of luck to ya out there!

Edited by grampy
  • Like 5

My Ithaca Deerslayer 2 in 20 gauge is down the creek bed in the tower with one of my newbies. I should just call it the harvester! That gun shoots great out to 120. Light, fast and what it hits it kills. Mine loves Lightfields. It’s killed a pile of deer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grampy said:

Before we went to rifle here in 4H a few years back. My partner and I killed a pile of deer with our Deerslayers! Used em for close to twenty years, and never once a malfunction. Ours loved the Remington Copper Solids. Most shots were around 50 yards, and there were plenty of bang-flops.

I know there are a lot of newer slugs on the market, but I've used the Copper Solids since they first came out-always had great success with them.  Also used Lightfields when they first came out a bit.  I shoot the Coppers out of my 1100 with hastings barrel.

• Like 1

Yuck....rain and high winds all day. Good thing too as my “brother” from Colorado is in town and the whole family coming for a “Thanksgiving breakfast” before he continues to his sister’s in DC area.
Be safe shoot straight make meat!

Yea I got up at 445am and said no thx

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fletch said:

My Ithaca Deerslayer 2 in 20 gauge is down the creek bed in the tower with one of my newbies. I should just call it the harvester! That gun shoots great out to 120. Light, fast and what it hits it kills. Mine loves Lightfields. It’s killed a pile of deer.

+1 and it does love light fields 

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Thanks, congrats on the great buck(s) this year

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1