fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

Well it was a good hunt but not a great hunt. Saw fresh tracks right where I expected them to be but couldn't get to the piece of land I knew they were in as I ran into another Hunter so I back tracked and hit a few other areas but didn't see anything. Was still fun and got some exercise. Thought this was cool where the deer crossed this log. f1f7f8f5f777c05361765857a179ce14.jpg7edc81abf30e00a35f95c044e5beb1c4.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

How beautiful! Only squirmed away for a couple hours and saw nothing, not even a track but I had state land to myself again which seems to be more and more common as the years go by. 

Screenshot_2019-12-02-17-41-21.png

• Like 2

Hunting a ~2000 acre property that only allows gun hunting for 5 days and limits to 25 hunters/day by lottery draw. In the first 4 days of season, only 3 does were killed!! WTF!! Absolutely PATHETIC!! I walked ~1/4 mile to and from my stand this afternoon in the fresh snow and never cut a track. When I checked out tonight, I was told that no deer were seen today by any of the hunters. Moral of the story, be thankful and don't take for granted if you have a decent place to hunt.

A wise man (Jack Daniels?) once said, "Sometimes you just need to say, WTF!?!?

• Like 3

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

I have a custom build from Hankins as well.. my county (Niagara) is shotgun only so i needed something to reach out and touch em

That was my logic too, but I’m in Monroe. Did you get one of the CVAs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had to snap this pic of my home as I was coming back in from the tree stand. Didn’t catch the 3 doe standing in the backyard as I took the picture. The front porch serves as the hunting lodge where friends gear up to go hunt or wind down with an after hunt beer. 

8E721942-875D-4431-866C-E624CE840EA9.jpeg

• Like 31

3 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

That was my logic too, but I’m in Monroe. Did you get one of the CVAs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No i went for a custom bolt action build...had this one built on a savage action, 28in brux barrel, nightforce nsx 5-22x56... shootin a 275gr pittman accumax at 3000fps... im expecting my new one from jeff to be done at anytime now

8 hours ago, 46rkl said:

Just had to snap this pic of my home as I was coming back in from the tree stand. Didn’t catch the 3 doe standing in the backyard as I took the picture. The front porch serves as the hunting lodge where friends gear up to go hunt or wind down with an after hunt beer. imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34

love your place!  Beautiful.  Somehow youve read my lotto dream!  

• Like 2

17. Gentle breeze. Few inches of fresh snow. Covering the trees. I can already picture a buck trying to sneak through and me full send. Good luck to everyone going out. 

• Like 11

Just got back from a long weekend in pa, between sat and Monday sits we saw over 50 deer but all were small bucks and does. Gonna be a lot of does getting shot at this sat. 

• Like 1

Good God is it ever COLD!!! Saw a few tracks on my way in. Nothing moving around me anyways.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

17. Gentle breeze. Few inches of fresh snow. Covering the trees. I can already picture a buck trying to sneak through and me full send. Good luck to everyone going out. 

Go get one Jay. I will be out tomorrow in the snow,should be fun. We got about 8" here in 4F.

13 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Moral of the story, be thankful and don't take for granted if you have a decent place to hunt.

And that is 90% of hunting .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Go get one Jay. I will be out tomorrow in the snow,should be fun. We got about 8" here in 4F.

Current situation.  Doe bound down into golden rod / brush at 80 yards. She’s bed down right in front of me. Almost plugged her but waiting for hopeful trailing buck. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Current situation.  Doe bound down into golden rod / brush at 80 yards. She’s bed down right in front of me. Almost plugged her but waiting for hopeful trailing buck. 

Nice,action. I only have a buck tag left,until MZ that is. I will go out in the snow though,that is always fun to see where and how the deer move in this.

12 hours ago, 46rkl said:

Just had to snap this pic of my home as I was coming back in from the tree stand. Didn’t catch the 3 doe standing in the backyard as I took the picture. The front porch serves as the hunting lodge where friends gear up to go hunt or wind down with an after hunt beer. imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34

Now, that's nice!!!  Looks like Christmas card!!!!   You are blessed!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Zem18 said:

Well it was a good hunt but not a great hunt. Saw fresh tracks right where I expected them to be but couldn't get to the piece of land I knew they were in as I ran into another Hunter so I back tracked and hit a few other areas but didn't see anything. Was still fun and got some exercise. Thought this was cool where the deer crossed this log. f1f7f8f5f777c05361765857a179ce14.jpg7edc81abf30e00a35f95c044e5beb1c4.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ł ran across an odd set of tracks crossing a log this year. 

Screenshot_20191203-092153_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

She’s still bedded. She must drive a Subaru Forester as no bucks came to play.  Another doe n fawn just scooted through off my other shoulder.  Gorgeous morning ! 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

She’s still bedded. She must drive a Subaru Forester as no bucks came to play.  Another doe n fawn just scooted through off my other shoulder.  Gorgeous morning ! 

Shoot that Doe when she gets up. You guys are running out of time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, 46rkl said:

Beautiful home!! Looks like a post card!

As suspected she was a he.  Found it weird came in all alone.  Button buck.  Just stood up and meandered our slowly.  I hit the grunt tube and he did not like that. 

His name was L O L A  walked like a women n talked like a man 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

As suspected she was a he.  Found it weird came in all alone.  Button buck.  Just stood up and meandered our slowly.  I hit the grunt tube and he did not like that. 

His name was L O L A  walked like a women n talked like a man 

Button Buck gets 8 mass measurements just like a 10pt. Plus the inside spread! #INCHES