LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

I need some good juju ladies and gentlemen. Popped in my gifted fireball at 3:25. At 3:45 I see a busted up buck I passed on earlier in the season coming down the trail I walked in. He doesn’t like the Evercalm and freezes up. Not two minutes later I catch more movement and it’s a good buck...I have no idea how many points cause once I know he’s good i stop looking! He likes the Evercalm and comes my way after I hit the grunt. I draw when he’s behind some brush at 10 yards - hard quartering to- hoping he gives me the shot. At 7 he turns away a bit offering a good look and FULL SEND! Shot looks good, tucked behind front right shoulder and trots off leaking. I watch him stumble around 100 yards away and lay down in thick crap. The busted buck follows him (as does another buck?!?) and they are watching him just lay there. I stay until dark(as do they) and quietly back out. Quick look at hit sight showed wet leaves and no arrow(pretty sure i saw it fall out on the trail he took to bed down)Hoping he’s where I left him when I return around 7....
Did I mention it started raining pretty good after the shot- F Me! Don’t beat me up too bad about hunting in rain as I am pretty hard on myself about that already if he’s not there.
Thoughts? I can’t wait until morning as we have family engagements in NJ so an early depart time is firm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is done !  Go get em, take pics and celebrate!

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

I need some good juju ladies and gentlemen. Popped in my gifted fireball at 3:25. At 3:45 I see a busted up buck I passed on earlier in the season coming down the trail I walked in. He doesn’t like the Evercalm and freezes up. Not two minutes later I catch more movement and it’s a good buck...I have no idea how many points cause once I know he’s good i stop looking! He likes the Evercalm and comes my way after I hit the grunt. I draw when he’s behind some brush at 10 yards - hard quartering to- hoping he gives me the shot. At 7 he turns away a bit offering a good look and FULL SEND! Shot looks good, tucked behind front right shoulder and trots off leaking. I watch him stumble around 100 yards away and lay down in thick crap. The busted buck follows him (as does another buck?!?) and they are watching him just lay there. I stay until dark(as do they) and quietly back out. Quick look at hit sight showed wet leaves and no arrow(pretty sure i saw it fall out on the trail he took to bed down)Hoping he’s where I left him when I return around 7....
Did I mention it started raining pretty good after the shot- F Me! Don’t beat me up too bad about hunting in rain as I am pretty hard on myself about that already if he’s not there.
Thoughts? I can’t wait until morning as we have family engagements in NJ so an early depart time is firm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like liver 4 hour wait should be in bed you saw him in.. if you jump it may not find it 

Finally, after a horrible, horrible season i finally tagged a doe. Keeping in the bad theme of this season, she was in heat.  I made the cardinal sin of not waiting to see what lurked behind...a young 4, a young 6, young 10 and a really, really nice 8.  Dont ask how i know, please. Lets just say an aroused young or old buck will mount anything, or try and prod it back to life! Part of me is relieved, part of me wants to cry.  My wife, almost 4 year old and almost 6 month old girls make the reduced stand time worth it though! Now the tough decision on what to do with the meat...steaks, roasts, sausage, snack sticks.  There is never enough meat.

20191213_164055.jpg

• Like 27
  • Sad 1