LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

You think I could get one of those? He’s on a run now with TF. Quick scout of a management property (closed to hunting on Sunday) I am hunting Wednesday- good heavy runs and a tail running off at 11:00 today. if he could predict one by about 7:30am on Wednesday i would appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He posted that after we got the text . Biz can’t predict 

• Like 3

Surprise! I’m gonna Hunt. Got home from chores with wife earlier than expected. Heading to Stateland. No service there. Last text.

South Wind 8mph is perfect from heavy stuff to trail under where I would sit. Wind going right to left and deer go right to left.

Might not even bring a chair and just stand tucked in big rocks for 2 hours. Will hunt 4pm - sunset

• Like 1

I coached my daughters soccer team until she got older and needed better coaching than I could provide. I loved it. She had ankle surgery in August. I miss watching her play as much as she misses playing. Enjoy it. They will be grown and gone before we know it!
You are so right. This is my last year coaching and I am enjoying every minute of it.

Saw nothing this am until the walk back when I kicked up either a button or lone Doe. Back this pm for a till dark sit while pressure drops. Busted by tiny doe and smaller fawn on way in. Given my quota of one sighting per sit I should probably turn around.

Good luck to all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Here's my update from yesterday. First chance I've had to sit down. Coached my kid's soccer have in the morning, then home for a few quick chores. I was in a tree in 8h by 3 for the evening home. Forecast called for a SSE wind bit when I got there it was more ENE. Between that and realizing that this tree wasn't prepped for bow, I didn't like my spot. Decided to get down around 430 and slow hunt into the wind toward a better stand. On my way over I caught movement 300 yds away on the other side of the bean field. There was a small hill between me and a doe and 2 fawns. Rather than being smart about it I tried to put that hill between us and stalk them. An hour later I was in the middle of this bean field stuck with deer all around me. I counted 23 total including 6 bucks, 2 of which are on my hit list. That doe I initially saw was part of a group of 9. I managed to get within 55 yds before they took off. Just before that I was crouched down and looking around and saw one of my shooters 75 yds behind me walking toward me. I learned a lot from this. Mostly that stalking out in the wide open across a bean field isn't going to work. Coolest day in the woods I've had in a long time and didn't need to drop a deer to make that happen.

• Like 9

Zipped a big doe this morning. Retrieved and dropped  off at processor   My first archery deer , emotionally wrecked   Post story tomorrow 

Congrats man!!! You deserve it! Been following the TF Bow hunting saga for a long time!!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Zipped a big doe this morning. Retrieved and dropped  off at processor   My first archery deer , emotionally wrecked   Post story tomorrow 

Good show! get another now. Take the doe to Buck and Doe for processing? I like that place.

• Like 2